leaking Trans cooler lines on my 2007.5

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
I noticed my trans cooler lines were leaking and I shopped a bit for new ones but I was thinking of putting a new cooler with a fan and maybe mounting it towards the back of the truck. My trucks transmission has always got pretty hot when I'm towing my 8,000 pound rv I'm just thinking this may be a bit better then replacing the oem lines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Alligator trans cooler lines are amazing quality and guaranteed for life. Also look into maybe getting a PPE trans cooler or Mike L trans cooler. If the cooler needs a fan then its a shitty designed cooler.

What are you seeing forbtrans temps while towing? Might not be a bad as you think

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Has anyone made there own trans lines? I am considering it if I can find the right fittings and find a high enough pressure lines and fittings.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Itd be easy to do. get the old ones out and stick some garden hose in there to use for mock up purposes, get your measurements and go to a hydraulic store and have em make some. bring the old fittings from the cooler, trans, and radiator so they can get fittings that will go right back in. but to be honest after I had one of mine remade, the alligator set is prolly your best and cheapest route unless you know people.

OP. if you look into the Mike L. cooler, which ppe sells and some Alligator lines you would have plenty of cooling.

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
I just replaced all of mine with an All Seasons kit. Hardlines and all. Great quality and not that bad of an install....A lift definitely helps....I wasn't too keen on the "soft line" kits because there are a lot of places that the lines pass through that are pretty tight.

Just my .02...

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
Would I be able to put trans cooler line with hose clamps until I get in my new lines?