Leak off WIF sensor

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
So, I was changing glow plugs again and noticed my WIF sensor leaking again. I had replaced it a couple months back because it was leaking fuel from the water release at the bottom. I have the filter delete done to it as well. Is it possible the airdog is just forcing fuel out of it and I need to just put a WIF delete cap on? Anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I've got an AirDog pushing 10+ PSI on my Suburban, and the WIF sensor doesn't leak. It's possible you got a bad WIF sensor, or a bad O-ring on it. That, or your AirDog is set really high on the pressure adjust.

I'd put a different WIF sensor in try again. Probably just bad luck and got a bum part.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Common problem

Is your filter a plastic one by chance?

They can also crack and leak quite easy

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I've got an AirDog pushing 10+ PSI on my Suburban, and the WIF sensor doesn't leak. It's possible you got a bad WIF sensor, or a bad O-ring on it. That, or your AirDog is set really high on the pressure adjust.

I'd put a different WIF sensor in try again. Probably just bad luck and got a bum part.
I double checked the o-ring and filter housing above. It is definitely leaking from the water release. It's a 165 gph, maybe the pressure is too high for the weak floater in it?? I'd hate to buy a new WIF sensor again just to have it leak immediately, when I could buy a billet delete cap and call it a day?

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Common problem

Is your filter a plastic one by chance?

They can also crack and leak quite easy
It has a metal delete filter on. I checked it and the seals. Definitely coming from the release on the bottom

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Since you've got the filter delete anyway, sure, might as well put the WIF delete cap on. Or just bypass the whole filter head. That's what I do on my truck. Then you don't have to worry about the primer inevitably starting to leak one day.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Since you've got the filter delete anyway, sure, might as well put the WIF delete cap on. Or just bypass the whole filter head. That's what I do on my truck. Then you don't have to worry about the primer inevitably starting to leak one day.
I think I'll just put the delete cap on. XDP has a cheapish one that looks like it'll be good.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Just an update. I finally got fed up with the filter housing assembly leaking and just ran some extra airdog fuel line in a U shape and deleted the housing completely. I just don't like the idea of not being able to manually prime, but I'll run it like this for a while and will probably rebuild the housing myself. I will say, I'm fairly confident that I was leaking a decent amount of air into the fuel system for a while, because when I changed that housing out for fuel line, it fires up much easier and sounds healthier. Just my observation anyway.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Just run the lift pump and bleed it at the test port. Make sure you cover it with a rag/towel because it will go all over the place.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Honestly, I never had to worry about bleeding with a good lift pump on there. Only time I bled fuel was when the top end came off an engine and I’d crack a few injector lines to bleed fuel through the rail so it wasn’t air locked