LBZ wire harness repair?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Since the engine wire harness has been discontinued by the General and there are none available in the country, what are my options? (Yes I had them look on the locator.)

Does any one repair them? Or will I need to Find another hacked up harness with the plugs I need to repair mine?

I tried finding some of the connectors. I Think I found the main Glow Plug module connector. Mine has a broken lock retainer. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KOSTAL/9448691?qs=p250f6UeeBTWNu6/ybzjpw==

I know one of the harness has the coolant for the overflow bottle Low coolant plug on it and mine was ripped off from the wrecked donner.

Something else eludes me at the moment But I believe another connector had the locking tab break off it.

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I just looked at the prices of a used harness on eBay they really went up I just sold a used lbz harness a year or so ago for $300… I’m not sure about the glow plug connector but if you have a local junk yard go look at different gm vehicles I bet you can find the same connector for the coolant tank.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I just looked at the prices of a used harness on eBay they really went up I just sold a used lbz harness a year or so ago for $300… I’m not sure about the glow plug connector but if you have a local junk yard go look at different gm vehicles I bet you can find the same connector for the coolant tank.
Yes, I looked at some of the junk on Ebay... It Amazes me what Stuff is being listed for and what stuff sells for when it comes to this market.

Very Rarely do they have a Diesel in the Pull it yourself type yard for the specific connectors like the glow plug module. I know the coolant one will be easy as its a standard connector used on many GM Vehicles. I can actually get a new plug pins for that if I had to.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I know of an individual who remanufactures them, that's about it. He cleans/inspects/repairs/relooms.
I would be interested in speaking with our looking up this individual services.

The Only Hard Fault code was for the Glow Plug Module. I believe it was P064C. Since it was wrecked and that GPCM bracket was broken in the wreck, I can not rule out that the module is bad or damaged internally. Of course they are on national back order. I found a used one, but the hard fault code persisted So it would not allow me to reprogram it.

Since it was shoved into the firewall it was difficult to work on. I am almost wondering if was Self Grounding through the bracket and since that was busted could be the cause. If not then maybe some of the Glow plugs are causing the issue.

I just have so little time to work on it.