Lbz swap in

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
Hey guys I toasted my 330k mile 06 lly/lbz back last year. So finally after gathering parts and planing to build a motor I have picked up a complete lmm to just put back in and go. I would like some input/suggestions on what I need to look at doing while its out as far as parts that are easier to change now than later.

Rite now I have:
Water pump
Thermostats
Turbo/up pipe gaskets
Intake/y-bridge gaskets
Motor mounts
Already have the Kennedy fan clutch
Damper and flex plate
Down pipe
Profab egr

I'm looking at the turbo remote feed line. I have a 10mm pump I thought about putting in it just incase later If I want bigger injectors I dont have to change pumps.

Whats on my mind is maybe this list:
Oil cooler from l5p
Driver manifold

I'm sure there's a lot that I'm missing. But its a 1 ton. Service/farm/tow truck. So I dont need it to run a 6 second 1/4 mile but I would like it to do better than my 454 tbi.

Any help and guidance would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
So you are looking to mod the good LMM engine before you install it?
The L5P oil cooler is a great modification. You will never notice the improvement of the drivers manifold. But if yours is in poor condition, a dorman one is cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
I probably have a few driver side manifolds from lml that I could put on.

Yea I want to do a few things to help it run better while its out. But I dont want to tear it down and do head studs and gaskets yet. Unless I put it in and it goes to pushing water. The rig has been down over a year. So im just ready to get it back but don't want to make dumb decisions and have to back track after its in.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I probably have a few driver side manifolds from lml that I could put on.

Yea I want to do a few things to help it run better while its out. But I dont want to tear it down and do head studs and gaskets yet. Unless I put it in and it goes to pushing water. The rig has been down over a year. So im just ready to get it back but don't want to make dumb decisions and have to back track after its in.
Man I'd sure hate to have to do head gaskets after you've put it in the truck.
How many miles are on it? Do you know it's history?

mamumtsllc

Sep 4, 2014
Man I'd sure hate to have to do head gaskets after you've put it in the truck.
How many miles are on it? Do you know it's history?

It was a fleet van from Memphis Tennessee. Suppose to have been maintained regularly. Rite at 200k miles on the unit.