LBZ no glow plug light, no crank

paulllyw

Sep 23, 2019
Maryland
Hello this is my first post and my first duramax. I bought the truck, which had front end damage, but it didn't seem too bad as in the rad was bent back along with the A frame but the frame look generally pretty good minus I will need to weld on new body mounts that got bent and the front six inches of the frame was bent slight.

Currently I have a no crank condition. I've read the forums trying to find information on obvious things to check to resolve the issue. At this time, when I turn the key to aux. the glow plug light does not come on. All the lights windshield wipers etc. work fine and I hear something that sounds like is coming from the engine bay kind of make a noise that sounds like very light pressing compression (may just be an electronic turning on but like I said no glow plug light and it won't try to start either. From what I've read it could be a multitude of thing obviously, but I've gone through all the fuses and replaced all of them that went bad (a handful of them), I've checked all the connections (does not seem to be any rubbing that broke any wires especially in the TCM harness area where people say tend to rub and break wires), read the scanner with a generic cheap old scanner and I'm not seeing any codes at all or any that are stored. The previous owner told me the truck shut off upon impact and he hasn't touched it since. I Originally I thought it was an impact sensor that was causing a no crank, but reading the forums that doesn't seem to cause a no start, additionally the airbags did not deploy in the cab. Besides checking the engine grounds is there anything anyone can think of I should check before I go spend money on an ECU? The truck only has 75k miles on it. No mods to it completely stock. TIA.
:thumb:

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Did you re-check any of the bad fuses to see if they went pop again? Would be a clue for a short somewhere.