Lbz injector problems

cencal_dmax

Oct 9, 2014
Atascadero Ca
Ok so I had a misfire code for number 4 cyl. I have some spare good injectors. Swapped out number 4 no change. Changed it out again with another injector no change. Checked voltage at pigtail reads same as number 6. Truck has heavy white smoke at idle and raised rpm. If you unplug #4 when it’s running little to no change in motor sound. Checked fuel rate and injector rate with tech 2. All the injectors and the calculated fuel rate (mm3) is all over the board. Calculated fuel rate is from a 2 to 19,20. Pulled oil fill cap Incase it was a cracked piston no excessive crank pressure. I’m lost harness looks good. Truck is a 06 lbz with 367000. Any help would be great.

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
what are the balance rates on that cylinder?
with old injector ? with new injector?
bore scope or compression test .

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Are you sure you got the right injector?
zjlimited_236.gif

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Sounds like to me the injector is not electronically energizing what was the voltage you got on pin number 2?

Pin number 1) is injector control
Pin number 2) is injector positive voltage
Looking at the harness from the backside number one will be on the right

It should be a 40 V system From what I’m reading here the voltage feed should modulate back-and-forth , I would put a T pin on number 2 get voltmeter set to DC start the vehicle and watch your voltmeter see if it’s modulated back-and-forth if you have a lab scope that would be even better

Pin 1)
On the control side voltage should remain low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Of course confirm you have good compression And then test the injector electrical system be careful as there is a small amperage flowing through there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cencal_dmax

Oct 9, 2014
Atascadero Ca
Thank you thebac. Thank you everyone for the help. Did a compression test and 20psi at
6 cranks. Going to tear the motor apart hopefully it’s something in the head. Thank you again everyone.