LBZ for donor???

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I am retiring tomorrow after working for the same company for 37 years, So I am looking around for a decent 3/4 or 1 ton truck to pull all my "junk" around with.
SO I was chatting with a local shop owner that does all my inspections and he has a 2007 2500HD that I can get cheap.
ANY-WHO it was a "ranch" truck and saying the body is rough would be somewhat of an understatement, THE bad,, the outside skin of the bed is split open on both sides about a foot back from the front of the bed, the tailgate is absolutely destroyed, actually flipped open when I punched it, driver seat (leather) is bad (ETC ETC ETC), driver side windows do not roll down (electric), hood had something bad happen to the front of it (bent all the way across but still "works)
THE GOOD, shop has all the maint records, says it was always serviced and all mechanical issues were always resolved, runs and drives (as far as the engine and trans) very well, transmission was rebuilt by a specialty shop and is still under warranty, total miles 125K, no doubt many hours idling also. No hot rod mods to the drive-train!
OK so I am thinking I can get this for around $5500 and thinking not a good candidate as a road worthy vehicle but a possible good deal as a donor drive train for the money.
So what do YOU think??

LCAC_Man

Aug 27, 2017
is it 4x4? is the frame rust free? $5500 would be tall...but for a well maintained/125k mile full donor chassis you're not going to get hurt on that too bad...If the chassis has the wheelbase that works for you as a donor then you're getting a lot for the money...I'd come at it at maybe $4500 and find something you can both live with..