Lbz Engine build

Ironworker15

Mar 28, 2023
Massachusetts
Sent my pistons off a few weeks ago to get coated @ KDD. Just came back yesterday and they look GREAT! They use a new Cerakote product called Red Titanium. Supposedly they used to use a product from Techline called Gold Top Piston coat but no longer use it. This new coating is supposed to be superior (direct from them), I haven't seen anything about it yet so I figured I'd share my experience and post the results. I will be running twins and possibly nitrous on this build so I figured the coating couldn't hurt. I happened upon these pistons from a friend for an unbelievable price or I would of just purchased them already coated. It was a toss up between these and Fingers Ovals, since they're hands down the best cast pistons available no doubt, but I also haven't seen many failures on these 1000hp and under. If they fail, ill obviously be kicking myself for trying to save some money up front but life's a gamble and I like to bet! I will finally be off work the end of this month and plan on dropping engine and parts off to the builder. It's all been sitting on a pallet ready to go for a while now less the pistons. Excited to get this thing going, it's been a long long time coming. I'll get some pics up of any progress as soon as I can. Meanwhile, here's a few of the pistons themselves fresh from the coater.

Attachments

• KIMG6673.JPG
    KIMG6673.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 21
  • KIMG6672.JPG
    KIMG6672.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 22
  • KIMG6674.JPG
    KIMG6674.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 20