LBZ EFI Live Tune Advice/Help

American_engle55

Nov 3, 2020
I am new to the tuning world and have been trying my hand at tuning my LBZ. This is not my daily driver, just my toy that I am building into a pull truck over time.

Reviewing some data logs after a couple sled pulls, the engine only gets to ~3180 rpm at WOT. At WOT it also only gets 108 mm3, 26* Main Inj., and 25,300 psi (desired = 26,000 psi). The truck does not reach the max values on any table due to the amount of fuel it is getting or maybe other factors as well. Another thing to note is that during the actual pull the truck does not blow any smoke. (I know that black smoke is not the tall tale sign that you have tons of horsepower, but at the same time I feel that I may not be getting all the fuel to the engine I should be. Once I get a smokey tune, I can tune that out with more air.) I would like to see more RPM out of the engine and along with that more fuel and timing, which the tables are set up for that. I feel I may be missing a limiting table somewhere.

As far as I know the engine is all stock, besides EGR turned off. Truck also as a FASS lift pump (not a water/fuel separator unit though).

Would anyone with some experience want to take a look over my tune file to help me out?
If so, let me know, I can send the tune and data log files as well.

Thanks in advance,
Nick

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
did you extend out your fueling on the torque tables? have you adjusted the EQ Ratio table? forgot any limiters?

American_engle55

Nov 3, 2020
did you extend out your fueling on the torque tables? have you adjusted the EQ Ratio table? forgot any limiters?
Yeah I have extended my fueling on torque tables.
Not sure where the EQ ratio table is located. So have not adjusted that I am assuming,
And I don't believe I have forgot any limiters but if someone is able to check for me, that could help.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
What's the ECT reading during the run? My thermostats were sticking open and coolant wasn't getting 100% up to temperature although damn close and my truck wouldn't make full rail like yours. Changed out the tstats and all is good again.