LB7 Transfer Case: Aluminum Case, Pump Rub Kit... where to buy?

Remmy1100

Aug 29, 2018
My stock TC shot it HARD... teeth shredded etc... It had 200K miles on it... though it blew up first, the pump rub was about to cause a problem anyway.

I am looking for a complete TC for a 2003 LB7 w/A1000. Aluminum Case and Pump Rub kit already installed... Ready to throw in truck

Any recommendations on where to purchase TC with the above, ready to go?:thumb:

Sorry if there are already recommendations here on the site, I searched and found LOTS of threads on the TC, but not many recommendations where to buy what I am looking for. (saw some ppl laughing about "built" TC's):roflmao:

Thanks in advance (or apologies if I missed a thread with related data)

Truck: 03' LB7, 200K miles, EFI Live, US Gear Exhaust Brake, ISS Pro Gauges, MAG-HYTEC Deep Pans and Diff Covers... Transmission at shop getting custom build.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Call merchant automotive and get your card number ready.

Or dirty hooker diesel

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I didn't think the aluminum cases required the pump rub kits. Only the magnesium cases. Is this not the case?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I thought the aluminum cases were the 2011-up style? Thought they wouldnt retrofit on the earlier trucks?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I no longer use the aluminum housing as it is hit and miss screwing down the speed sensor. Sometimes they go too deep and rub the tone wheel. This will take out a trans.
I would still use the pump rub kit on the aluminum housing to take out the play from the pump rattling in the housing.