Lb7 to Lly swap

Jun 28, 2010
I did an Lb7 to Lly swap this past summer. Not seeing the high idle option using the steering wheel controls to scroll though the menu display on the cluster. Is it possible? Bcm re flash? Write it into the tune?
Thanks

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Your LB7 had a high idle opltion on the steering wheel controls/ cluster as a factory option? I’ve never seen that...... and now that you’ve done the LLY conversion that option is gone?

Did you change the bcm during the swap? Or just the ecm..... how did you do the conversion? What year is your truck?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I believe what he's saying is he did an lly swap, but can't find the high idle option in the dic that most lly's have. If that's the case, it's because you still have a lb7 bcm calubration. You would have to have the bcm flashed to an lly, and I don't know if the cluster would need an update or not to acess it via the dic. Your truck still thinks it's an lb7, lly options don't appear unless the truck is setup to show them.

Jun 28, 2010
I believe what he's saying is he did an lly swap, but can't find the high idle option in the dic that most lly's have. If that's the case, it's because you still have a lb7 bcm calubration. You would have to have the bcm flashed to an lly, and I don't know if the cluster would need an update or not to acess it via the dic. Your truck still thinks it's an lb7, lly options don't appear unless the truck is setup to show them.

This is exactly what I mean. I figured it still thinks it’s a Lb7 as far as the bcm knows. I will try flashing the bcm and go from there. Thank very much.

Jun 28, 2010
Your LB7 had a high idle opltion on the steering wheel controls/ cluster as a factory option? I’ve never seen that...... and now that you’ve done the LLY conversion that option is gone?

Did you change the bcm during the swap? Or just the ecm..... how did you do the conversion? What year is your truck?

I left the Lb7 bcm. Swapped everything from a donor Lly. The truck converted is 03 Lb7.