LB7: Lb7 p0341 big problems.

lmmcbrown0917

Oct 13, 2013
North Carolina
Okay i'll start from the beginning, post referring to the lb7 in my sig. the other night i was driving about a mile from my shop where i was headed, i did a wide open pull from 30mph to around 90mph (top of fourth). everything seemed fine truck felt good like it always does, i came to a stop sign about half a mile after i did the pull and the truck was idling very rough and smoking white pretty bad from the exhaust. i was only about 500ft from my shop so i eased it on there. when i got there i cut it off and checked everything, the only codes that were present was a p0341, i immediately thought of injectors so i hooked up my v2 and started to check the balance rates and they were all at 0.00, no readings what so ever. So i replaced the cam sensor with a OEM from the dealer with no change.

I also checked the reluctor wheel through the crank sensor hole and it seems to be in tact and tight.

Now its also throwing a p0727 TCM code and it will not go into any gears from idle.

What am i missing?

thanks in advanced:eek:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I'm wondering if your camshaft sheared the timing pin. Both codes correlate with cam/crank timing. The tachometer works correct?

Cameronchaos

Apr 26, 2016
Im having the exact same problem but i couldnt find if you posted what the actual problem was. Judging by your recent post i dont think i want to know what you found out but im assuming you figured out what was causing your problem?

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Okay i'll start from the beginning, post referring to the lb7 in my sig. the other night i was driving about a mile from my shop where i was headed, i did a wide open pull from 30mph to around 90mph (top of fourth). everything seemed fine truck felt good like it always does, i came to a stop sign about half a mile after i did the pull and the truck was idling very rough and smoking white pretty bad from the exhaust. i was only about 500ft from my shop so i eased it on there. when i got there i cut it off and checked everything, the only codes that were present was a p0341, i immediately thought of injectors so i hooked up my v2 and started to check the balance rates and they were all at 0.00, no readings what so ever. So i replaced the cam sensor with a OEM from the dealer with no change.

I also checked the reluctor wheel through the crank sensor hole and it seems to be in tact and tight.

Now its also throwing a p0727 TCM code and it will not go into any gears from idle.

What am i missing?

thanks in advanced:eek:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cameronchaos

Apr 26, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I hope thats not my problem but im beginning to think it is

Last edited: