LB7 injector HP line socket info

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
How is everyone doing LB7 injector lines without a crows foot? Does everyone just guess on the torque, or use the old pull-on-a-wrench-with-a-spring-scale trick? I always use a crows foot to tighten them up, works really nice.

Having the right tool can make all the difference, though. Looks like that job would've sucked without it.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Kinda like when I ask my other farmer buddy when last time he used a crows foot.. Said last time he changed an injector on a tractor.. lol. Guess for certain jobs they are the primary tool of choice. The standard open end version scares me. Brings back "painful" memories..

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Did my first set with the crows foot. Then after that I did them by feel with an open end wrench

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
How is everyone doing LB7 injector lines without a crows foot? Does everyone just guess on the torque, or use the old pull-on-a-wrench-with-a-spring-scale trick? I always use a crows foot to tighten them up, works really nice.

Having the right tool can make all the difference, though. Looks like that job would've sucked without it.

I'm with you, a 6pt crows foot is most times easier than a wrench anyway.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

19mm injector socket like this one:

https://www.toolsource.com/misc-c-318/19mm-injector-line-socket-p-241929.html

You can use a 3/4" one, too.

I bought mine from my Mac dealer on my route. ;)

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio

I was going to ask that exact question?

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I copied the posts concerning the injector line socket into their own thread in Tool Crib.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i use a good crows foot on a torque wrench. thats about the only time i pull mine out. my o2 sensors on my gas rigs i just tighten by feel with a reg wrench.

bigboybuilder

Nov 3, 2019
for 15 years worked in automotive ( transmissions mostly) and then moved into industry for the last 25. if a bolt had/has a torque rating I use a torque wrench 50inlb to 3,000ftlb I never compromise. a Graco air over pump using a uv cure sealer is a perfect example to much torque on the gland nut and they would only last a week, with the proper torque over a year. the person that was rebuilding them said " it's a big nut so it must be real tight".