LB7: lb7 hot tune. need people to test it

Status
Not open for further replies.

that lb7 guy

Jan 19, 2015
Elk city oklahoma
i havnt worked with lb7 tunes very long but i do alot with the new trucks and god forsaken cummins but today i decided to stab at the big brother of the 2015's, keep in mind this tune HAS NOT been used before. it has an idle around 600 and a stock trans should hold it back for a while but i suggest building it if you plan on using efilive. please feel free to leave feed back or issues if found at all

:witch: deleted the tune

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
First off why did you set it up for a DSP5 OS if you didn't even set it up properly? You didn't pull this off someone's truck and upgrade it to a DSP5 OS did you??? No offense but it doesn't look like you know what you are doing. Second off why are you asking us to try it for you? Flash it in your own truck or your buddies and run it and make small adjustments and hopefully you know how to use the scan tool for data logging? Do you have gauges in your truck to read boost and EGTS?:confused: Oh if you switch it off your base tune while using this tune your truck will die while on the road. Sorry but no one here will test this for you.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Can we delete that before someone causes themselves some damage?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
TOOOOO much timing! Take at least 10% out of the upper end. Make your plateau of rail pressure about quarter the size. Looks like you copied a few tables from a tuner and went all out in the worst possible areas!

Why did you make it a DSP5?

If your not a Troll, start out a lot more conservative, get some gauges, ask lots of questions, be ready to explode your own motor. Be prepared to take out another tittle loan against the truck, or maybe a second mortgage, assuming you don't still live at home. OR take the cheap rout and pay for a tune.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If you are looking for free tunes to learn from, we have a whole library of them here.

If you are just looking for a moderate tune, I wrote one a while back that I was really happy with on the stock motor. [THREAD=42711]Here it is![/THREAD] You will want a lift pump and boost valve, and you will toast a stock trans with that tune.

And yeah, your tune was running a bit more timing that I would with only a 1640 uS pulse. Also the DSP5 is all jacked, etc, etc.

Edit: re: James - I don't see anything wrong with pointing to some known good (and free) tunes. Though I am a bit weirded out by him just posting a (crap) tune and asking us to be guenna pigs...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Edit: re: James - I don't see anything wrong with pointing to some known good (and free) tunes. Though I am a bit weirded out by him just posting a (crap) tune and asking us to be guenna pigs...

hes selling tuning according to him and apparently cant make a tune to save his life. i would be scared to see whats in his customers trucks. i would bet you see these free tunes in paid customers trucks.

i have no trust in guys like this. they are the ones that blow trucks up and its left to the customer to fix. ive been down this road as a customer with a situation close to this.

Reactions: RMJ_LB7

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
hes selling tuning according to him and apparently cant make a tune to save his life. i would be scared to see whats in his customers trucks. i would bet you see these free tunes in paid customers trucks.

i have no trust in guys like this. they are the ones that blow trucks up and its left to the customer to fix. ive been down this road as a customer with a situation close to this.
:eek: dang, that sucks. Never occurred to me that he might be selling tunes. But his first post was somewhat incomprehensible to me (no punctuation), so...

Also, just realized he listed his tune as a "hot" tune. 1640 uS is a "hot" tune now?? Lol my 425 HP tune was like 2200 uS, and that's not even that big of a tune.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
:eek: dang, that sucks. Never occurred to me that he might be selling tunes. But his first post was somewhat incomprehensible to me (no punctuation), so...

Also, just realized he listed his tune as a "hot" tune. 1640 uS is a "hot" tune now?? Lol my 425 HP tune was like 2200 uS, and that's not even that big of a tune.

well..... it is pretty hot. look at that timing :rofl:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH

Yeah I failed to see the "wild" in that tune.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.