Lb7 crank no start after motor swap

Jcdavis0444

Jan 8, 2023
I have a 2001 lb7 duramax I just did a motor swap in I got a crank no start it had the original motor but I swapped too a lb7 Cali emission motor unfortunately but now it don’t seem to want too start the motor prior had 100 overs apparently and a tune could that be blocking it from wanting too start the new motor and should I change out the computers and doo the anti theft unlock the security light constantly flashes but didn’t that prior too the motor swap so didn’t think anything of it I will be pulling codes here in a day or two any info will honestly help I’m new too this page so bare with me here 😂

turbovan

Too many toys!!!
Mar 4, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
Your 2002 certainly has anti-theft unless someone decided to turn VATS off in your tuning which isn't a great idea IMO.
I agree, stealing in my area is brutal, watched a guy on camera steal a 06 F350 from the shop, in literally 10 secs. Other shop owners were here and because it was so fast, they thought it was the customer picking it up.
Quite possible, I bought it used and never saw a security light.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I have yet to find rhyme or reason to when VATS does or doesn't like an ECU swap. I swap my RoadRunner in to my GMC and Suburban all the time, and it never needs a VATS relearn. I just assumed it was storing the key in the tune. But my GMC ECU died last week, so I flash the GMC file onto the Suburban ECU and stick it in the GMC. Bam, fails VATS.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: turbovan