Last LSR Event for 2008:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Last LSR race for 2008 was today at El Mirage Dry Lake in California. We showed up ready to crack the whip. We ran it on the dyno to 198mph with no problems last Wednesday, and got the truck tech'd to go up to 200mph.

Well, we got skunked again. Seems we have a problem that I can't figure out yet. We ran 154.x with the engine shutting down on Saturday, then on Sunday it ran really hard, and then shut down so completely that I just popped it in neutral and coasted out to a 120 something pass. Why it's doing it is still a mystery. Time for more testing.

But, we did OK for a first year. First season running LSR, we set the Bonneville B/DT record, then the El Mirage B/DT record, then had 2 poor showings in the final 3 weeks. We moved up to starting grid #70 at El Mirage which is not bad for a rookie.

Lots of diesel folk were out there to help us and cheer us on, and I'd like to thank them one and all. Hope I don't forget anyone:

Johnny
Ralph
Jeremy
Jason
Greg
Tommy

and like to thank Robert, Mike L, Guy, and the rest of the Duramax community. And thanks to the SCTA, the Roadrunners, and the other LSR racers and clubs for providing a venue for LSR racing. It's the greatest show on Earth.

Casper has always been a team effort based on "group think" from some of the smartest folk around. For as little as is done to it, it runs pretty good. I'd like to thank all of you that have contributed on Internet boards for ideas and info and encouragement. It wasn't that long ago that the LLY was considered an inferior, non-competitive engine, but I think that opinion has been to rest once and for all. 2008 saw some absolutely stunning performances by LLY's in virtually all forms of diesel competition, and I was glad to play a role in it.

Thanks out to Inglewood Trans, PPE, EFILive, BMS Machine, Garrett, High Tech, Suncoast, SoCal Diesel, Banks, Wicked Diesel, Westech, and the other shops who provided the diesel community with high performance goodies to make it all possible. Especially with threats by the EPA to halt diesel hotrodding, it's great to have folk who still believe that America is still the hotrod capital of the world and should remain that way.

The 2009 LSR season starts about May. Our target is Bonneville Speedweek on August 8-14, 2009. We are going to do our best to go 200mph in a street legal LLY Duramax.

But first, we are taking Casper back to the dragstrip to have some fun with it, and maybe even a sledpull or two if something comes up while we wait for the 2009 season to begin.

Again, thanks out to all of you. Could not have done it without you. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
Going out and doing the speed week 2008 and El Mirage was a great experience .

Really glad to have been part of it and looking forward to more .

Thanks for all the fun !!

Johnny

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Congrats Pat and Kat and the rest of the family. What a great year. I too had lots of fun this year and Thank you guys for doing what you have done and the help you have gave me. I have learned so much from you guys. Good luck in the Next year and thanks for being a big part of the Diesel Community.

Hope to see you and everyone else at future events.

Thanks to the people who have helped McRat Racing out and gave them a hand to take them to where they are today. Your support does not go un-noticed by us enthusiasts who are into this hobby/sport/craze!

:mike:

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Kat I have alot more pics i just dint post them i can put them on a disk if you want to make them bigger there 12 meg some pretty simular to the ones in the above link just on the other side of the truck

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Kat I have alot more pics i just dint post them i can put them on a disk if you want to make them bigger there 12 meg some pretty simular to the ones in the above link just on the other side of the truck

Thanks Tommy if you can send them to me that would be awesome.

310 S. Maple St. Ste F
Corona, CA 92880

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Good job To all the McRat bunch. I love working with people who are a class act and this bunch is just that! Thanks for inviting us along to experience all the ups and downs of motorsport. This is one great family, Looking forward to seeing what your mind comes up with next Pat.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Here are a couple. OK who got the one with Pat in his Santa suit? :rofl:

Attachments

• CIMG0695 (Large).JPG
    CIMG0695 (Large).JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 32
  • CIMG0699 (Large).JPG
    CIMG0699 (Large).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 235
  • CIMG0701 (Large).JPG
    CIMG0701 (Large).JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 47

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Just something I noticed looking at the pic's...looks to like all the other vehicles are using a much narrower tire.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yes, the normal LSR tires are narrow, smooth, high pressure, and expensive. I'm still running street tires. My tires are only approved to 200mph, so next year we have to address the tire issue. There are a few ways I can go, so I'm still looking at options.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Maybe something coming loose....how rough is it on the sand/salt vs. the dyno?

Maybe even wind blowing thru making something loose.

Seems kinda odd though.