lag in acceleration on my LLY

DieselD1

Aug 23, 2022
I have a 2004 an a half LLY that does not want to accelerate when starting off and I am afraid I am going to get hit because it doesn't want to get out of its own way. After about 200 feet it will accelerate . Could anyone offer any suggestions as to what might be causing this.

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
I would start by checking the MAF, MAP, BARO, and any air and engine temps to make sure they reflect the conditions where you are. If your ECT says the engine is -300*, your ECM will not correctly fuel the engine, as an example. If everything there is A-OK, then I would look at anything related to boost. You might want to determine what RPM this happens or if only speed related.

Reactions: 2004LB7

DieselD1

Aug 23, 2022
Its been happening for about 3 ears now but was very intermittent at first and now its just about every time I first take off. I thought it might be the mas air flow sensor so I cleaned it with no positive results.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
you are going to need a scanner that can show you real time data and check the items listed by Ron

802.duramax

Apr 17, 2023
Orleans Vermont
Did this happen over time or over night? Done anything to the truck?
Mine how ever did… 2004.5 ext 3500 lly slt.. I was about 45 mins away from home did a burnout in it (yes I know they don’t like it but just telling you guys the truth here haha so please don’t get angry with me help me if anything) I was about half way into the trip and I stepped on it enough for it to boost for a couple seconds and heard a pop. I looked at my buddy and said what was that. I didn’t notice any difference in the truck it still took off fine and went fine at ease actually. I go out the next morning start it let it run get oil pressure below 60 then I take off and I was about 5 10 minutes into my trip and realized when I step on it at 0-50 it smokes black pretty good but anything after 50 it’s fine and straightens out. Air filter is black fuel leak from the rail on driver side and that I think boost problem I’m having. All that happened pretty much in that one night. But would like to figure this out with this being my first duramax and I absolutely love the truck

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep you most likely blew a rubber boot that conects the turbo piping. They could be completely separated or it just could be a hole. If it's not one of them it could be a hole in one of the pipes or the Y bridge separated.