L5p swap... Anybody know DIESEL ATTITUDE

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Now dont go thinking you can just drop in an l5p hook up the electronics and turn the key. Not going to happen. To do this it requires complete disassembly of the engine to fire the injectors among a fist full of other challenges.
I am in the process of my second L5Z swap. This one is to be the ZF6 edition. Looking for mentors, sponsors
Did it require a customer made tone ring then?

Is it running the original 6 speed or the newer 10 speed?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Now dont go thinking you can just drop in an l5p hook up the electronics and turn the key. Not going to happen. To do this it requires complete disassembly of the engine to fire the injectors among a fist full of other challenges.
I am in the process of my second L5Z swap. This one is to be the ZF6 edition. Looking for mentors, sponsors

Holy moly! Glad to see you made it to the forum! Glad I reached out to you on Instagram! Lots of knowledgeable people here! Awesome work!!!

DIESEL ATTITUDE

Apr 28, 2011
Both. I checked around. Best I came up with was a "maybe" but it would take 40+hrs of coding to write and they were not certain it would work. So I chose the mechanical option as I was certain I could make that work. A program/reflash or notched front balancer would be easier but until then.... its a complete teardown.

DIESEL ATTITUDE

Apr 28, 2011
Love the build. Couple years back I saw Banks LBZ/LMM to L5P setup on a shop tour. Never noticed the reluctor ring, but is it the crank tooth difference only, or cam also? Wonder if we could change the pulse count in the ECM with a cax file easier..

Been dying to drop an l5P one in a boat, soon as I finish the one I'm wrapping up now.
Both. I checked around. Best I came up with was a "maybe" but it would take 40+hrs of coding to write and they were not certain it would work. So I chose the mechanical option as I was certain I could make that work. A program/reflash or notched front balancer would be easier but until then.... its a complete teardown.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I agree the new trigger is down and dirty way to go. So far I've successfully done cax files for map scaling and a 12khz maf off the vette. Ring tooth count could be in a2l, or not. IF found full source, I know some people over in India who code really really cheap. I'd toss a 5 or 10 at it, then sell it back to B... lol

Sent from a reclined position using Tapatalk