L5P fuel system upgrade

Unhingedaz

May 1, 2022
Just bought a 2017 2500hd and having fuel system issues. What are y’all doing to upgrade and make more reliable fuel delivery?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Just bought a 2017 2500hd and having fuel system issues. What are y’all doing to upgrade and make more reliable fuel delivery?

The stock system is pretty reliable but you can put a cp3 in place of the hp4 if you feel the need. S&S has a pump kit that uses the factory lift pump. Exergy/ WC Fab combo kit requires a low pressure supply ump like the Airdog pumps. Unless you are wanting more than 700 hp you won’t need to upgrade the fuel system. What issues are you having with your truck now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Unhingedaz

Unhingedaz

May 1, 2022
I got a check engine for nox sensor 1 bank 1 which I replaced and now I got two new codes and from what I’ve read it’s fuel pump and map sensor. I’ve heard there’s been issues with stock fuel pump so just trying to change/upgrade what I can to make as reliable as possible. Not trying to add crazy horse power and I can’t delete where I live because of emissions.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Fuel pump code is related to the factory lift pump. You need to check to see how the lift pump holding up under demand and maybe have to check pump rpm’s to se how they are doing as well. The lift pump under this circumstance can cause you other code as well as the map sensor being dirty. I wouldn’t sweat the fuel system on these trucks too much. There is also a pump control module back under the spare tire that’s prone to cause the lift pump to do weird things. Both of these parts are on national back order so find you one as soon as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unhingedaz

May 1, 2022
Thank you! It’s currently at the dealer I purchased the truck from this past Wednesday so hoping they can get it squared away. Called my local Chevy dealer the pump and map sensor are 2-5 days out from what they said. I pulled the map sensor and cleaned off the build as gently as possible without hitting the blue thing in the center which I assume is the actual sensor. Just cleaned off build up carefully and gently.