Killed a CR-V at the strip

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I didn't get a chance to get to the drag strip yet this year, so made it a point to go to the last blast at Firebird today. Brought my 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP daily beater to test if my new intake/downpipe helped (it did, gained 9 HP :roflmao:). My friend brought his bone stock 2017 Honda CR-V to see if Sport Mode is actually faster than normal mode (it isn't, within 0.01 sec / 0.5 MPH). And I also brought my GMC, because I just had to scratch that itch.

It was a good day for me. Several personal bests. I turned the tune up a hair (calculator says about 640 HP) and had one of my best launches on this truck. Which is sad if you actually look at my 60'. But this is all stock suspension, in full street trim. Full tire pressure, full weight (8600 lbs), just hit 4x4 and let it rip. The CR-V was in the left lane, and I was in the right lane.
Timeslip.jpg

My friend has a dash cam, and caught that slaughter on video. No audio, but still pretty funny.
[YOUTUBE]7POgDfFPrDY[/YOUTUBE]

The other personal best was my 0-60 MPH time, managed to hit ~4.5 seconds. At 8600 lbs too!
Log.jpg

Attachments

• Timeslip.jpg
    Timeslip.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Log.jpg
    Log.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Nice! No one can beat a personal best!

Bringing the CR-V must of been pretty fun too haha

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
WTF? you should have come and said hi. I thought I recognized your truck in tech but wasn't sure and then I never did see it again.

Congrats on the PB:thumb: Run looked good.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
You guys have alot more runway after the finish line then we do at Pacific raceways

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
WTF? you should have come and said hi. I thought I recognized your truck in tech but wasn't sure and then I never did see it again.

I didn't know you were there, I would have! I saw a ton of trucks from Oregon, but no one I recognized except for Idaho Rob.

I'll be out to the track a lot more next year, or at least that's the plan. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I didn't know you were there, I would have! I saw a ton of trucks from Oregon, but no one I recognized except for Idaho Rob.

I'll be out to the track a lot more next year, or at least that's the plan. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I had the white 05 CCSB with the black roll pan and black 20" wheels. Rob was down at the start recording my pathetic attempts at launching a truck with a pissed off MAF sensor:spit:

Ill come look you up next time as I know what your driving now.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

You two live in the same town and havent had a couple beers together over at Rob's yet? WTF? :roflmao: Boise cant be THAT big.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
:eek:

I need to work on that...

I am too with people around here. I was just givin you and Dave the bizness. ;)
BTW, keep the caltracs, but look at the spring bolts. Make sure they arent seized in their bushings. Also, try to find a lighter set of wheels/tires on your truck.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I am too with people around here. I was just givin you and Dave the bizness. ;)
BTW, keep the caltracs, but look at the spring bolts. Make sure they arent seized in their bushings. Also, try to find a lighter set of wheels/tires on your truck.

All good Tom:hug:

Ill be looking for some better tires this winter, (affordable if there such a thing?) I have 17" and 18" wheels already.

I think I just need more time with the truck, its new to me as with tuning something of that caliber and racing it.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You two live in the same town and havent had a couple beers together over at Rob's yet? WTF? Boise cant be THAT big.
Heh, yeah. This was a weird year though, felt like I was out of town more than I was home, plus work sent me to Taiwan for a while.

I'm hoping next year is more sane, it would be cool to hang out with some locals.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I love Firdbird and the Halloween Classic! That is actually the first drag strip I ever raced on. They used to have a club racing points series there that was a lot of fun. There was a really good group of diesel guys that I raced with in that series for a couple of years while I was there. Some of the best times I ever had at the track.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Tried getting the embedding to work, Dave. no go for me either. Ill keep playing with it

Last edited:

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
I love Firdbird and the Halloween Classic! That is actually the first drag strip I ever raced on. They used to have a club racing points series there that was a lot of fun. There was a really good group of diesel guys that I raced with in that series for a couple of years while I was there. Some of the best times I ever had at the track.

Fun times for sure!:driving: