Just an idea..............

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I've been curious to see what is thought of the idea I have just haven't had time to post it until now. I've been curious to know how well multiport water meth injection would work or would it be to much? I know you can do it with nitrous but why not have it spray directly in the intake runners individually instead of saturating the y bridge and runners just would like to know opinions on this as I think it would be a great asset to all the diesel industry especially sled pulling thanks in advance

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I've been curious to see what is thought of the idea I have just haven't had time to post it until now. I've been curious to know how well multiport water meth injection would work or would it be to much? I know you can do it with nitrous but why not have it spray directly in the intake runners individually instead of saturating the y bridge and runners just would like to know opinions on this as I think it would be a great asset to all the diesel industry especially sled pulling thanks in advance

X2 I don't have much experience with water meth but that does sound like a good idea.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
The purpose for water meth is to cool the intake air charge...evaporation.

When the meth or water is sprayed into the intake, it evaporates and evaporation cools things down..in this case it's the air.

Spraying directly into the intake runners would yield little evaporation and may swamp the engine with multiple nozzles. Your not actually supposed to be burning the water meth.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Yes, you can do it and it helps. Cummins CR stuff run multiple nozzles right in the intake plenum (same spot as our intake runners basically). All the phase change of the water (from liquid to steam) is happening near or in the head anyway. Multiple smaller nozzles work better than one bigger in our experience.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Wow so this has been tested Levi what were the results y'all found if you don't mind sharing them buddy

What are you wanting to know specifically? We just found that when you needed a ton of water to control EGT's, nozzle placement became more of an issue. Spreading them out helped with keeping them suspended in the airstream. More smaller nozzles at higher pressure was what worked best rather than less of larger nozzles. Spreading the nozzles apart like you're describing isn't a bad thing.

Dust

Feb 20, 2013
Frankfort, Kentucky
Mounting nozzles closer to the head(s) would cool down the combustion chambers (read EGT control) You could also put a nozzle out further, and use both. Because it's closer to the head, the fluid won't phase change, so the fluid will be used in the combustion chamber.