It's the small things...

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Anything in particular you're wondering about? You can put your hand on the blankets after running the truck about as hard as you want. Fixed geometry turbo's usually see a small boost increase at WOT. Underhood and Intake temp drops of 20+ degrees. Cruise EGT's tend to run slightly warmer but typically WOT EGT's drop.

On stock stuff, doing blankets or wrap on up-pipes and turbo will net you the most gain. Didn't get a noticeable impact wrapping the stock manifolds. Aftermarket manifolds and headers tend to benefit from blankets though.

Thanks for the information, how thick are your blankets for the up pipes, I am going to build 2in up pipes without the flat spot, so I need to get an idea of what I need to make my four inch downpipe still work.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Thanks for the information, how thick are your blankets for the up pipes, I am going to build 2in up pipes without the flat spot, so I need to get an idea of what I need to make my four inch downpipe still work.

1/2" but will compress to 1/8"-3/16. I can always leave the insulation layer out where the down pipe passes over the top of the up pipe if that's what you need.