It's the small things...

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I really goofed on this one:eek:

:(

Sorry Levi.

I've been wanting a turbo sock/blanket from Turbo Performance for a while, I've seen many other guys that had one or more on their rigs and they always look real nice.

Of course...It wasn't until I got mine, that I realized just how nice of a job Levi does.

LEVI DOES A REALLY NICE FRIGGIN JOB :thumb:

Perfect seams, symmetrical shape, really nice quality material(s) are used and mine even came protective coated in black, just how I wanted it, bonus :)

Here's a couple pics of it installed:

2dkl8xe.jpg

2yumzbl.jpg

2rm87e9.jpg

2wnmvsl.jpg

I wish I had the foresight to take pre-install pics all the time, this turbo blanket is soo nice

Once again, I was too damn excited to get the parts on and I just dove in :angel:

Last edited:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
??? Sorry...This is the first I've heard of this. I reply to every email I see. It's possible it went to spam or you have the wrong email address. Call me and I'll get you all set up. :thumb:

Here are some Levi did for me. I sent him some templates and they work great.
etedeju5.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Thanks everyone for the compliments and kind words. You guys definitely know how to make me feel like I'm doing it right.

If you ever try to contact me and don't get a response that day or the morning after. Don't be scared to PM or start a thread in here. I'm not perfect, it's probable that I've missed someone in the last 5 years but I work extremely hard to help anyone who contacts me.

Oh and Steve, your blanket is leaving today. :D

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Thanks everyone for the compliments and kind words. You guys definitely know how to make me feel like I'm doing it right.

If you ever try to contact me and don't get a response that day or the morning after. Don't be scared to PM or start a thread in here. I'm not perfect, it's probable that I've missed someone in the last 5 years but I work extremely hard to help anyone who contacts me.

Oh and Steve, your blanket is leaving today. :D

How can you beat that! I don't think it's been 2 hours since I placed the order! Thanks Levi

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i have nothing but good to say about Levi! guy has top ranked customer service! have his blankets on the hot pipe and stock charger of my diesel and he custom made me some blankets for my log manifold and ko3 turbine housing on my samurai! those on my samurai took so much heat out of my engine compartment its not even funny

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
How much does the blanks help? I am thinking on rapping my uppipes, downpipe, and manifolds with the header rap when I get them done and getting a turbine housing blanket, but how much benefit is there from it?

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
How much does the blanks help? I am thinking on rapping my uppipes, downpipe, and manifolds with the header rap when I get them done and getting a turbine housing blanket, but how much benefit is there from it?

Anything in particular you're wondering about? You can put your hand on the blankets after running the truck about as hard as you want. Fixed geometry turbo's usually see a small boost increase at WOT. Underhood and Intake temp drops of 20+ degrees. Cruise EGT's tend to run slightly warmer but typically WOT EGT's drop.

On stock stuff, doing blankets or wrap on up-pipes and turbo will net you the most gain. Didn't get a noticeable impact wrapping the stock manifolds. Aftermarket manifolds and headers tend to benefit from blankets though.