Issues with backup camera.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I got the camera installed to go with my new Alpine W650 headunit. The problem is intermittently the image is upside down on the display of the HU. I called a buddy and Alpine's tech support. They both though the issue was in the HU not the camera. The vendor wants me to try the camera first. I don't really feel like opening up the dash up and messing with the wiring if it's not necessary. Does anyone think the issues could be in the cable? I don't mind trying the new camera just buy unplugging it at the black 6pin connector. I did get a little rough with the cable when I loomed it and running the yellow RCA through the grommet in the firewall. I have no reason to think that's the issue. I just wanted to mention it since I don't know anything about video equipment. I added an image of the new cameras just in case it helps.

Attachments

• 20221217_095843.jpg
    20221217_095843.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 13

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
some of the Dodge people get that problem on their factory cameras. apparently it's a broken solder joint in the camera that causes it. reflowing the solder is their solution short of replacing it.

would you be able to take the camera off and try it out on a TV to see if it still has the problem?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
some of the Dodge people get that problem on their factory cameras. apparently it's a broken solder joint in the camera that causes it. reflowing the solder is their solution short of replacing it.

would you be able to take the camera off and try it out on a TV to see if it still has the problem?
That's a good idea let me try that!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
you can also try and replace the camera with something like a dvd player to see what you get picture wise on your Alpine unit