Info: Is the mileage stored in the cluster on 06 and older trucks?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
If you swap out the cluster I wanted to think your mileage would still be right, but I wanted to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I remember a thread from years ago where Ben and some other person got into a huge argument over this. :hehe: It was cluster vs BCM, both sides were adamant. As usual when it came to electronics, Ben was right....it was in the cluster.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
It is only in the cluster. I have had 3 clusters repaired due to bad solder joints, the repair folks can reset the mileage with a bench flash.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The BCM can hold mileage but its not where its stored to be shown on the cluster as stated. good way to see if someone changed up the cluster though.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I am want to say even the ECM holds milage. Or maybe it's just hours

I've heard of some people doing the ecm swap thing to get around dealership warranty issues for tuning and they hooked up their computer and saw the discrepancy

I know for certain the milage on the cluster stays with the cluster when you move it. I've swapped both BCMs and clusters and the milage always was what ever the claster had. Always had a hard time with getting the dealership to correct it.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
It's in the cluster. I seen a company selling the software to program the cluster on amazon a few weeks ago. I don't know if the DIY guys have gotten around to truck clusters yet