Is it possible?

Kunz111

Jan 16, 2016
So my cousin owns a landscape company and he bought a lbz along time ago and he used the the thing and abused the thing non stop. Bought it with 89k and now has 260k on it with bad head gaskets. He’s plowed with it for a few years in MN so things are rusty (cab corners, rockers are pretty rough and dents all over). So I started to take it apart to do the head gaskets by lifting th cab, when doing that a nut broke loose for one of the cab mounts, no big deal I’ll cut a little hole to access the nut and swap out and get a new bolt. Getting a list together as I’m taking things apart and the list is getting pretty big. Once I got the cab off I start taking the harness off motor and when I go to take the ground off the bottom end of the motor I see outta the corner of my eye that the front diff upper mount rusted off the frame of the truck. So long story short that put the nail in the coffin for fixing the 06. About 3 weeks ago I found a 03 5500 2x4 dump truck that’s a mechanic special. The motor and trans are taken outta it and the mileage is unknown. The 5500 is in decent shape, and what not but it got me thinking, is it possible to put the lbz motor and the 6 speed into the 5500? I’m sure I’ll have to do some modifying to intercooler pipes, Tranny lines, power steering lines, fuel lines and that doesn’t bother me too much. Probably have to use the 5500 oil pan in the lbz motor. But my biggest question is the electronics. I assume I’ll have to take the ecm, tcm, bcm and harnesses from the lbz truck and put them into the 5500 truck. Am I crazy for thinking about doing this? I think it may work if I can get the 5500 for the right price. They’re asking 5500 for it. If I could get it for sub 4K it might be worth it. What do you all think? Is it worth it? Is it even possible? What kinda mess am I going to get myself into?