Is 2011+ rear axle interchangeable with GMT-800

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
Hello all,

been a while since I’ve posted; finally got my truck back from a theft and been crazy at work!!

I have an LBZ SRW that I am wanting to convert to a DRW with a flatbed for work. I love my truck and have put a lot of sweat into it so I really don’t want to look for a Dually, I would rather convert it! Long story short, I’ve been scouring FB and CL for 01-07 gm dually’s being parted or crashed. I know they are rare, but I didn’t know they were this hard to find!

I was wondering if AAM axles off the 2011+ dually’s are at all compatible with the gmt-800s? I know lug patterns are different but my thought was with ram having the same axles as the newer GM’s, that maybe there is a chance at backwards compatibility with the 6.5 pattern? Also was looking at possibly installing a trac rite off a ram while building this axle to get away from the G80. Mine is in good shape I just would want the added reliability and do all this once while it’s out. Unfortunately no ram axles are compatible with gm and it’s a bummer because there are A LOT of Dually axles in my area off rams.

Please let me know if I’m way in left field with this and I will delete but I am having better luck finding guys parting out the newer dually’s than the older these last few weeks! Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
There's no reason you couldn't make the Ram axle work.

That’s kind of what I thought. I keep reading how it doesn’t work but I mean…rewelding the pads and swapping brakes are only thing I can think of? As I said if Dually axles off gmt-800 we’re more common I would go with it but these but I may just pick up a ram axle and do a little HW to see if I can’t make it work. I do know that having 4” tubes all the way down would be nice and that’s another point for a ram axle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk