Installing DSP2 switch

CntrlCalDmax

Aug 12, 2006
I've got the connectors apart and I'm trying to install the pins. The harness came with one black and one blue wire so I made the assumption the black wire goes to the black connector and blue to blue. The shoulder of the pin on the blue wire is too big to fit into the connector body. It goes up to the shoulder and you can see it is just bigger than the hole in the connector. The black wire fit ok. It is shorter than the original pins but it looks like it will make contact.

I pulled the black wire back out and tried to install the blue with the same results.

Are the pins suppose to be the same. Without removing some of the original pins I can't tell for sure but they look the same (black and blue connectors).

04 LLY/A 4X4 SLT CC SB

EFIlive, ISSPRO Boost/EGT/Fuel Pressure, MBRP Cat-Less, Finger Stick & plate, SD lift pumps, SD manifold, BD Exhaust Brake, TxC CAI, SC IV/cooler/brace by Mike L.

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i know the pins from a lly and a lb7 are different
not sure which one you have
another thing ive used before was dielectric grease to aid in getting the pin in
sorry i cant help anymore with out seeing the pin

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
CntrlCalDmax said:
I've got the connectors apart and I'm trying to install the pins. The harness came with one black and one blue wire so I made the assumption the black wire goes to the black connector and blue to blue. The shoulder of the pin on the blue wire is too big to fit into the connector body. It goes up to the shoulder and you can see it is just bigger than the hole in the connector. The black wire fit ok. It is shorter than the original pins but it looks like it will make contact.

I pulled the black wire back out and tried to install the blue with the same results.

Are the pins suppose to be the same. Without removing some of the original pins I can't tell for sure but they look the same (black and blue connectors).

04 LLY/A 4X4 SLT CC SB

EFIlive, ISSPRO Boost/EGT/Fuel Pressure, MBRP Cat-Less, Finger Stick & plate, SD lift pumps, SD manifold, BD Exhaust Brake, TxC CAI, SC IV/cooler/brace by Mike L.

The "switch kit" is has both LB7 and LLY ends. You cut off the one you don't need. The LLY pin is shorter and very slightly smaller in DIA than the LB7 which is noticeably longer:

Short pin - LLY
Long pin - LB7

CntrlCalDmax

Aug 12, 2006
Got it. Thanks for the replys!

I thought the other wire was for the programed output.

I called the dealer with the pin number (15359541) posted on the DP board but they told me it wasn't a good number. I would like to get a second pin for the programed output. Anyone know another number to try or where to get just the pin?

On edit, Anyone with a LB7 that cut off the LLY pin want to trade for my LB7 pin and wire?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
i had a problom with gm finding the part# also the funny thing was the part# was right just a lazy ass that didnt want to search for it in the 10 boxes of pins...he told me if i wanted to look for myself and then slamed down ten boxes:mad: well after loking thru 8 of the ten boxes i found it with the part# on the box lid i bought 8 pins that day so i wouldnt have to go back ever again:D