Injector line leaking?

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
I just put new injectors in the truck last weekend from Lincoln. I also got new fuel lines from thoroughbred diesel. One of them keeps leaking and I'm afraid at this point of tightening even using leverage, I'm going to break it or damage the fuel rail, anyone had any issues getting a fuel line tight, or should I just call the company and ask for replacement.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Tighten the piss out of it.. Or put your old lines in clr and swap it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
We did tighten the piss out of it, is it possible to strip them out? Or is it possible to break the threaded part off of the fuel rail?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Take the line back off. Make sure there is no rust, grit, contamination, or bur/nick on the sealing surfaces. I have never needed that much torque to seal them up

You can also use a small amount of red loctit on the sealing surface, just make sure it doesn't go down inside. I have done this on used lines that didn't have the cleanest mating surface and it worked great

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
Hi! I have the same problem. My Lb7 start leaking through injector line nut at the rail side. I think to replace all injector lines, and all nozzles at the same time. Do I need to replace rail too?
What do you think about stainless injector lines?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
you shouldn't need to replace the rail. stainless lines are pretty. use what your budget allows but you don't "need" stainless

what is your reasoning for replacing the nozzles? do you have the proper equipment to test the injectors afterwards or are you just going to wing it? if he is still using the old style VCO injectors then its not worth replacing nozzles as there are more parts inside that wear and leak then just the nozzles. a big problem was the ball and seat leaking and returning too much fuel

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
I have hear an opinion that if I remove the lines I should to clean injectors, because debris will be there. Now it works fine, although injector #8 is -4.7 balance.
The injectors were replaced via guarany, but I don`t know what style.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
depending on how long they have been in there, you very well may get debris in the injectors. what happens is the rust that forms around the injector line and nut falls into the injectors as you remove the nut.

some, including me have had good success turning them upside down and trapping the injector on a wooden surface (don't hit it on the solenoid but on the fuel port) to remove the rust and dirt. swishing it around in some solvent and tapping it again until no more debris come out.

lexa

Oct 28, 2012
Moscow
Thank you for good advice. But how did you verify that injector was clean after this procedure?