LML Injector Life

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I haven't been able to anything good on the subject, so what are you guys generally seeing for stock injector life on a tuned LML?

I ask because recently mine has started to have a raw diesel smell at idle similar to my LB7 when it needed a set of injectors. It doesn't haze, no white smoke, decent balance rates, nothing really out of the ordinary.

It's been tuned for a good portion of it's life, not sure if the long pulse widths decrease life anymore than normal or if the piezo injectors just don't last as long.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
150k on mine tuned since 67k and no issues. Know of a few well over 200k with stock injectors as well. Any fuel in the oil?

No fuel in the oil, just changed tonight even. It doesn’t have any blow by. I might just being sensitive, but it seems a little stronger than it has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don@F1

Jul 17, 2019
With you living in the socal area, you have some of the best, if not the best fuel supply in the country. This makes a huge difference in how long injectors last.
I ran piezo injectors to 279k miles in a BMW diesel over a period of 8 years. They are the same design as the duramax, so it is very close to the same thing. Max pressure in my system was only 1600bar though.
Anyway, the injectors were still in top condition @ 279k

Having a good fuel supply and doing regular filter changes really make a difference. I changed mine every 30k miles. I knew my fuel supply was really good though. If you dont live in a containment zone like socal or DFW, etc....change them more often.

On the BMW, the car has to be put on a lift to swap filters and they are expensive as heck. I think around 60 bucks.
Hence, my 30k intervals.