Injector hold down bolts

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
Would anyone happen to know what the mechanical properties of those bolts are by chance? Or ball park the tensile strength?

I just had to break both lower valve covers off in pieces due to the bolts being literally seized solid in the lower valve cover bores and all 8 heads twisting off. I want to use a stainless or maybe even titanium bolt or stud. Overkill yes but after dealing with this I don't want to do it again. I may even make my own spherical nuts or washers if need be.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I just taped the threads off and painted mine, then anti-seize on top of that during install. Perhaps a bead of sealer around the top?

306866lance

Jun 26, 2013
I am also very interested in this info. I have 2 of these bast a tards in my driver's side head. thankfully I got the upper cover off in 1 unbent piece.

planning on using some A2-70 stainless coupling nuts I can turn the hold down centering taper on. Not sure if the 70,000 tensile is enough.

Factory bolts are marked 10A on the head. I have been unsuccessful in determining wtf it means.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Would anyone happen to know what the mechanical properties of those bolts are by chance? Or ball park the tensile strength?

I just had to break both lower valve covers off in pieces due to the bolts being literally seized solid in the lower valve cover bores and all 8 heads twisting off. I want to use a stainless or maybe even titanium bolt or stud. Overkill yes but after dealing with this I don't want to do it again. I may even make my own spherical nuts or washers if need be.

I think you're going a little to the extreme here. I live in the rust/salt belt and haven't had this problem but once when someone put loctite on the fasteners.

Use antiseze on the valve cover bolts (or go to ARP stainless valve cover bolts with ARP lube) and you will be fine. I used ARP torque lube when I put everything together and torqued them to spec. Coated the injector hold down bolt and underneath of the head on the hold down.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I think you're going a little to the extreme here. I live in the rust/salt belt and haven't had this problem but once when someone put loctite on the fasteners.

Use antiseze on the valve cover bolts (or go to ARP stainless valve cover bolts with ARP lube) and you will be fine. I used ARP torque lube when I put everything together and torqued them to spec. Coated the injector hold down bolt and underneath of the head on the hold down.

I do the same, "I put that shit on everything!":roflmao:

valleyduramax

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa ON Canada
I realize it may be overkill but I like to fix things so I never have to deal with time wasting issues like this in future. I figure I'm just make new spherical nuts and stainless studs and go from there. May use 17-4 or see if any places make stainless studs