Inflation .... whats your thoughts on todays Markets?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Start off by saying idk where i should have put this but i thought it would be a good topic to bring about. Any body else have an idea of when this fake market is going to pop. Common sense is telling me to trim up on my spending's and hold on to it for a while, economists and realtors personally are saying they dont see this dropping anytime soon. What do you think?

MD_Max

Need More LLY's
May 2, 2014
A lot of the charts are looking like 08; however, I think we still have until next year depending on how the next variant scares people and how the government approaches unemployment benefits. People have more discretionary money than ever and the majority of it went into the markets surpsingly from what I'm reading. You said you're cutting spending? Then just socking the money away?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
A lot of the charts are looking like 08; however, I think we still have until next year depending on how the next variant scares people and how the government approaches unemployment benefits. People have more discretionary money than ever and the majority of it went into the markets surpassingly from what I'm reading. You said you're cutting spending? Then just socking the money away?
Yea, i am no expert, but i feel that buying absolutely anything right now is a big no no

Reactions: TexasRedNeck

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think between one and two years before we either see a return to pre covid prices or the economy will pop. the midterm elections will probably give us a clue as to the direction it may go

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I wouldn’t keep any cash, put it into Gemini usd on block fi and they’ll pay you over 8% interest. Our dollar is going to be worthless.

Reactions: SmokeShow

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I wouldn’t keep any cash, put it into Gemini usd on block fi and they’ll pay you over 8% interest. Our dollar is going to be worthless.
so your not actually buying stock, they just are putting money into a bank essentially and paying you to keep it there?

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
A lot of the charts are looking like 08; however, I think we still have until next year depending on how the next variant scares people and how the government approaches unemployment benefits. People have more discretionary money than ever and the majority of it went into the markets surpsingly from what I'm reading. You said you're cutting spending? Then just socking the money away?

My BIL has been in the real estate business 35 yrs. He told me the housing market is going to keep going till at least the middle of next year. The prices people are paying here in the so cal market is crazy. He's never had this many cash offers for houses before.
My wife and I don't go out to dinner a lot. We went out for our anniversary(same place we got married) and it cost us almost $225.00(2 drinks each and the food nothing else). The price of stuff at grocery stores is going higher and higher. I was looking at buying a new truck this year. That's been put on hold due the cost of theses vehicles. I can totally afford a new one but I financially think this not the right time. The inflation is going to get out of control at the rate we're going.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'm 50% out of the market stocks, bonds and mutuals were all trimmed up and put into cash. I watch what the super rich are doing and they are selling and holding. I would hold off and watch out in September. Crypto is a scam, it will burn out shortly any long holds will end up ugly...

• Haha

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I'm 50% out of the market stocks, bonds and mutuals were all trimmed up and put into cash. I watch what the super rich are doing and they are selling and holding. I would hold off and watch out in September. Crypto is a scam, it will burn out shortly any long holds will end up ugly...

Yeah sure that’s what everyone said in 2011

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
There's no way we can as a country survive like this! I feel the govt had this all planned. Give money, but we need money back... So will cause inflation. Collect tax revenue off from every thing and it'll be substantially higher cause the price of it wen tho creating more taxes to be collected. No good

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY

The rich absolutely are not doing that. Like at all. Not even a little bit. The market hits new highs routinely because they're doing the exact opposite of what you're talking about. They're taking liquid assets, CASH, and putting it into income-producing assets, stocks. Especially those paying dividends. Cash is the riskiest place to have your money with the insane inflation and devaluing of the USD.

As for the markets and when they'll see some "correction" or "crash", no one really knows. The ones who "predict" them get lucky the one time they're right. Most the time they say a crash is immanent, they're wrong. And predicting the crashes off of prior indicators hasn't proven anymore likely either. Will it happen? You betcha. Can you predict it? Not likely. If you have several years until retirement, it's likely a mute point anyway as the market has always recovered in skyrocket form to pre-crash levels and beyond within a year. So continue to dollar-cast-average (continue putting in your same amount all the time) and you'll be just fine. Time in the market (via DCA investing) trumps timing the market (buying only lows and selling out of highs) for like 95% of investors.

Reactions: Pure Diesel

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Not an economist, but this used car market is awful. We have another little one on the way and was hoping to upgrade the work car to something 4 door. Been eyeing the Crosstrek with a manual trans, if looking at a 2018-20 you might as well order one brand new for another couple grand. Maybe this winter everyone will stop gobbling up cars

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
The rich absolutely are not doing that. Like at all. Not even a little bit. The market hits new highs routinely because they're doing the exact opposite of what you're talking about. They're taking liquid assets, CASH, and putting it into income-producing assets, stocks. Especially those paying dividends. Cash is the riskiest place to have your money with the insane inflation and devaluing of the USD.

As for the markets and when they'll see some "correction" or "crash", no one really knows. The ones who "predict" them get lucky the one time they're right. Most the time they say a crash is immanent, they're wrong. And predicting the crashes off of prior indicators hasn't proven anymore likely either. Will it happen? You betcha. Can you predict it? Not likely. If you have several years until retirement, it's likely a mute point anyway as the market has always recovered in skyrocket form to pre-crash levels and beyond within a year. So continue to dollar-cast-average (continue putting in your same amount all the time) and you'll be just fine. Time in the market (via DCA investing) trumps timing the market (buying only lows and selling out of highs) for like 95% of investors.

i agree with you except the cash part. i feel the "correction" is going to be a massive one. and the ones who have cash at that moment in time will likely have opportunities to make big wealth by buying when the market is low. you have to remember that 08-09 was very covered up from what it actually should of been. what we are seeing now is absolutely really going to hurt us when it corrects. what we see the rich doing does make a ton of sense, but its because they already have the wealth to do so in my opinion.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Not an economist, but this used car market is awful. We have another little one on the way and was hoping to upgrade the work car to something 4 door. Been eyeing the Crosstrek with a manual trans, if looking at a 2018-20 you might as well order one brand new for another couple grand. Maybe this winter everyone will stop gobbling up cars
i think its like that with motorsports, machines, vehicles and so on because they are still kind of behind with producing the right amount of vehicles. i still dont think any manufacture is up to full tilt yet with production. people still dont want to work. Here in new york they are really trying to extend this extra money earnings another year. i pray that doesnt happen.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

As for the markets and when they'll see some "correction" or "crash", no one really knows. The ones who "predict" them get lucky the one time they're right. Most the time they say a crash is immanent, they're wrong. And predicting the crashes off of prior indicators hasn't proven anymore likely either. Will it happen? You betcha. Can you predict it? Not likely. If you have several years until retirement, it's likely a mute point anyway as the market has always recovered in skyrocket form to pre-crash levels and beyond within a year. So continu to dollar-cast-average (continue putting in your same amount all the time) and you'll be just fine. Time in the market (via DCA investing) trumps timing the market (buying only lows and selling out of highs) for like 95% of investors.

You sound like a broker who went thru coaching on how to keep people in market...

The world is in the beginnings of a large conflagration, chip shortage is war along with several other shortages, of which there is no actual shortage of said products. It's just disruption and it's about to get a lot worse, those deeply invested will take large losses and deflationary period will follow. If you don't think history predicts the future you need to read more...

Last edited: