I think it my motor gave up the Ghost

captnduramax

Dec 16, 2006
las vegas
Fri night was headed to our favorit getaway .. (Dumont) .. towing my 5er.. Came to the steepest hill on the way there.. Lost power.... hmmm i thought... that was wierd...put it in 1st and built it back up....2nd.. ok feels good.. shift into drive.. again lost power.... look at EGT's and they are through the roof (pinned). pull over get out and as i get out all i see is smoke.. I jump back in and turn it off... open the hood and oil is everywhere and i mean everywhere. Look under the truck and my whole undercarriage is covered in oil.. I start looking around and I found part of the oil pan gasket (part that goes under the crank) hanging. check for codes and I have a P0803 (I think it was) . runs but truck sounds and feels like it has a super cam in it. It has been running kinda ruff last few days and i thought it might be a tune but i was running a tune i have had for about a year and have ran that same tune for6 month with no problems... I think maybe it had to be something else that caused this .. but not sure.. guess i will find out soon

Capt

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
sorry to hear..........

I notice your sig says your still waiting on a suncoast transmission, was this a mild tune you were running :confused:

captnduramax

Dec 16, 2006
las vegas
sorry to hear..........

I notice your sig says your still waiting on a suncoast transmission, was this a mild tune you were running :confused:

1 Simon sent me awhile ago. very mild so i never limped..

Good news so far is I am only at 78,000 miles...so warranty shouldnt be a problem...Also its going to a place that I know 4 mechanics and the service writer. hope all goes well there.

Capt

captnduramax

Dec 16, 2006
las vegas
P0308 code .. sry I got it backwards... cyl 8 has no compression

looks bad.

Anyone have a stock fuel rail valve I can get like asap? I need to change out my race valve
I need asap if you have ... i am in las vegas

Capt

captnduramax

Dec 16, 2006
las vegas
anyone have an approx price on a rebuild and what so you all think of me letting the dealer tear it down. Warranty issues? I am at a loss

Capt

captnduramax

Dec 16, 2006
las vegas
I dont know yet.. they havnt looked at it yet.. One of the techs I know down there checked it for me this morning and no compression on #8

will find out next week if its covered.. My problem is that I have had it in there 2 times for overheat issues and they told me it was normal and within parameters. I think the overheating when i tow ( about every other weekend ) has taken its toll on it... also thinking the injector stuck and caused it to fail. I dont understand why they would tell me overheat is ok if heat is what kills the motor (according to there bulletin)

Capt

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I agree with the Over Heating problem, if I end up gettin an LLY I will change to an LBZ mouth piece in the first few minute. I would bet the over heating caused the failure. Good luck man.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well that sux man. At the very least if it does get rebuilt by the dealer, see if you can get your piston's de-lipped.