I smell antifreeze

b.d.keathley

Apr 30, 2014
Des Arc Ar
Second time towing this toy hauler with a tune. First time towing 17k trans went into limp mode. Had Mike L do the trans works great. Now we re on our way to Arkansas towing 18k and goin up the hills in Az at 2000rpm at 55-60 seems like i can smell antifreeze. Not pushing the truck hard at all cuz i dont know it that well. She has 43k miles and i got alot more pedal but dont want to warp the heads with the tune. Im running it on #1 with korys tune. Just a little worried had my 05 lly snap head bolts while towing in glamis with a tune. Cost me 5k at ppe diesel to get it all redone. Btw i popped the hood in Az and no signs of coolant leak and reservoir is full. Exhaust is cut off right by the trans. Maybe im just a little too any info??

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
A small tow tune won't blow the gaskets. Is this truck also an LLY?

And your other truck breaking a head bolt was a freak accident, the stock bolts on these trucks can actually take some pressure. As for the gasket itself, the early design is known to fail (up until mid 06 IIRC). There's no rhyme or reason, it's just a bad design and some trucks blow gaskets stock, some run forever.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Second time towing this toy hauler with a tune. First time towing 17k trans went into limp mode. Had Mike L do the trans works great. Now we re on our way to Arkansas towing 18k and goin up the hills in Az at 2000rpm at 55-60 seems like i can smell antifreeze. Not pushing the truck hard at all cuz i dont know it that well. She has 43k miles and i got alot more pedal but dont want to warp the heads with the tune. Im running it on #1 with korys tune. Just a little worried had my 05 lly snap head bolts while towing in glamis with a tune. Cost me 5k at ppe diesel to get it all redone. Btw i popped the hood in Az and no signs of coolant leak and reservoir is full. Exhaust is cut off right by the trans. Maybe im just a little too any info??
Pretty sure you can't hurt it on tow tune. I towed all the time with my lml on max effort and never hurt it then went 475 over stock pushing 50 plus lbs of boost still never blew gaskets.... stock bolts and gaskets.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

b.d.keathley

Apr 30, 2014
Des Arc Ar
Pretty sure you can't hurt it on tow tune. I towed all the time with my lml on max effort and never hurt it then went 475 over stock pushing 50 plus lbs of boost still never blew gaskets.... stock bolts and gaskets.

Welllll that helps brotha i feel a little better about it

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
I also had a little leak where the water lines go into fire wall hose clamp I think

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I beat the piss out of my 15 on the max effort tune pulling heavy daily. It had 58k on it and was going strong when I traded it.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
I am not sure if an lml has the same plastic adapter at the firewall going to the heater core , mine cracked and would give a slight smell , it was easy to fix . I hope its something easy , if at all .

b.d.keathley

Apr 30, 2014
Des Arc Ar
Driving on flat ground and dadh says limited power then shut off. P128e code. Pulled over and furl was comin out of the furl filter where the sensor is right out of where that little piece threads into the bigger one. If it turn it counter clockwise it threads all the way in it really leaks out. I unthreaded it and it looks like the orange seal is all worn out