I need some LB7 help coolant leak

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Guys I I need help ,I have an 04 it was a theft recovery and they drove it like they stole it 😆. Fast forward to now have a newer shop redo the heads,went to go fire it up coolant pouring out the band clamp under the truck.I pulled the glow plugs and antifreeze shooting out all 4 glow plug holes while cracking 🤮How the hell does antifreeze come out all 4 cyliders??? ARPS new c gaskets check the deck for flat before bolting the heads down my screw in injector cups .....I mean the head has to be bad right?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’d think so, were they pressure checked?

My lly heads cracked in all 4 exhaust ports on my cylinder head and 2 or 3 on the other. Coolant would pour out the exhaust till the truck warmed up lol

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
In order to get coolant into the cylinder either someone royally screwed up the gasket, the heads or cracked, or the cups aren't sealed properly. Being that they're threaded cups I would likely discard that as the issue. If they were pressure tested I'd be curious to know what they tested them up to.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I agree,the motor only has 87k on it but as I stated it is a theft recovery and they drove it hard even jumping it in feilds.I used Victor grade c's as I always do and the threaded cups I have made I've used and sold many of, the same company making them and if it was a cup it wouldn't be all 4 cylinders unless all cups were bad which leads to either the block or head I have to assume its the head .I will ask what pressure was used I assume it would have to be tested at 400 psi .

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Was your lly heads ported and they were pressure tested but its a relatively new shop.

Nope, 100% stock heads. there is talk of "bad castings" that cause this but nothing 100%.

see what they tested them to and if it was in hot water or cold water. Ive had a few shops around here only test them to 50-70psi. its not a point to tell them it needs to be muuuuch higher.