HSP Up-pipe question

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Will the HSP up-pipes work with the MBRP downpipe without having to crush/flatten? I have a full MBRP cool dual exhaust with an MBRP downpipe and my up-pipe bellows just blew. Looking to go aftermarket, but also looking for something that will work with my current setup.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I work nights and am usually sleeping when they are open (hence my post at 2:30AM). I posted hoping somebody may have already done this and know the answer. If I don't get an answer here I will wake up early and call one day next week (was hoping to avoid that though as sleep seems to be at a premium these days).

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Your coolant line from you oil cooler, to heater core may not fit. It didn't on my LMM and heard the problem was common with them but don't remember hearing anything about the LBZ's. HSP sent me the profab fitting to reroute it.

joe@HSPDIESEL

Jun 25, 2013
Your coolant line from you oil cooler, to heater core may not fit. It didn't on my LMM and heard the problem was common with them but don't remember hearing anything about the LBZ's. HSP sent me the profab fitting to reroute it.

For just the factory replacement up-pipes he should be good. Only with the manifolds does the fitting become necessary.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I finally am getting around to installing the HSP up-pipes and found they do interfere with the MBRP downpipe. The downpipe and the up-pipe hit not allowing the downpipe to fully seat in the turbo (cannot get the clamp on), and the tab on the down pipe is a good inch away from where it needs to be to line up with the bracket.

I could dent the downpipe, but not too keen on that. Probably will sell the MBRP downpipe (used but good with heat wrapped if anyone is looking for one mine is for sale), and buy and HSP downpipe.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I had a leak in my passenger's side up-pipe years ago which is why I originally bought the up-pipes (figured if I was going to pull one off, I would replace both with "better" ones). While waiting for shipping (and needing the truck), I had a buddy weld the up-pipe (which is still holding to this day). I never really had the chance to work on it until now (mouse ate part of my engine harness....) as the truck was down.

I thought I had done my homework by checking years ago when I bought them, but I guess not. My new HSP downpipe should be here in a few days and I'll see if I can get a side by side comparison.....

The MBRP pipe is nice and there is plenty of clearance with it, so I'm Assuming the HSP is similar but stays a little closer to the firewall to give added clearance around the up-pipe.

Two years, I thought I was a slacker when I came to my truck lol.
Is the hsp pipe longer coming out of the turbo? My diamond eye is pretty snug against my stock LMM up pipe.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Here's the HSP and the MBRP side by side. They look pretty darn close. The biggest difference is there is no tab on the HSP downpipe and the flange that mates to the exhaust LOOKS like it might be at a slightly different angle (could just be eyes playing tricks). I probably could have cut the tab off my MBRP downpipe and made it work, but too late now.

If anyone wants to make me an offer for it, it's for sale.

Attachments

• downpipe optimized.jpg
    downpipe optimized.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 59