How to remove water outlet pipe form water pump to oil cooler

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
man this thing wont come off it feels really loose but it just gets to a certain point and stops I am not sure what to do besides remove the oil cooler. With my luck if I remove it I wont be able to get it out off the truck

I freaking hate this I just want this thing fixed its already been down a month plus:mad:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Your not pulling hard enough. Try twisting while your pulling. I promise you arenot going to break anything except maybe your knuckles when it comes loose

jer

Jul 27, 2012
i am having this same problem with my lly. i had my whole body weight on the pry bar and it wont come out.. im very frustrated

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
To remove the water pipe, you need to pull the motor mount.

I can get the part number off the one I ordered when it gets here monday.

jer

Jul 27, 2012
Well I got it out n got the o ring but can't how the hell am.I suppose to get it.back in.. git no room to hit it n nothing to pry against .. I really don't wanna take the oil cooler off

woodtooldude

Sep 10, 2021
Well, mine came out reluctantly, and now there's a deep gouge in the pipe from forcing past the motor mount. I'm going to file down the mount where it interferes before reassembling, and installing a new pipe. Should have pulled the mount, or the oil cooler...2006 LBZ

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I pulled the motor mount. Put a jack under the oil pan and lightly lift on the engine. I tried everything they said here but mine was so tight I actually bent the flange on the pipe rendering it useless.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Did you lube the o-ring? Did you clean any buildup out of the oil cooler inlet to make sure it is smooth and uniform?

I have never fought one that didn't go with a few light taps with a bead mallet.