How to Lower a Duramax 4X4?

Bentley

Doesn't know $hit...
Mar 7, 2008
Under a big a$$ rock...
The Beltechs should work all years, GM didn't change a thing in that department as far as I know... I don't really want to go any lower than I am because I have to retain my 4x4 because of winter.

Bentley

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I dont understand people who would do "recreational" offroading (I mean soemtimes my truck goes offroad for work stuff and to jobsites) in a 40,000$ 3/4 ton 23 foot long pickup truck.
Because we get paid to go OFFROAD;)

REAL offroading is when you are crawling along over boulders at 1mph. Flying through a wide open field with mud pits at 50mph is not offroading. :rolleyes: Lets see a car do it then:D

when I want to go offroading I just drive my beetle.

IMG_0009Large.jpg

Or another way to lower it is to put 4,000lbs of crushed stone in the bed. :eek:

DSC_0033Medium.jpg

when i go to work OFFROAD i just use my truck:p that i get paid to drive OFFROAD into mud pits

I just got sick of trying to clean mud out of my stock chevys frame rails skid pans,trans and rear diff and transfer case........worst of all i can barely fit underneath it at the car wash

then the Stock Ford and Dodge boys go driveing in and dont even touch the mud

I geuss if you lived here you would understand Ben:D

Ok back to lowering,who has used adjustable keys on the front?

rdean

May 21, 2008
When you all lowered your trucks did you use shorter shocks or are they still stock length? Shocks are fairly new and would hate to need to buy again.

I was thinking on going with the Sulastic and adding their 2" drop to level it. 2" is the most drop Sulastic offers. Like to go 4" and lower the front some also but not sure it would work with the Sulastic. Need to soften the ride for the aging back.

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
Well, you asked for it.....really needs to come down some, looks silly that way!
Also planning to run Conti CrossContact UHP tires instead fo the Cooper LTZs.
BTW, wheels are WELD forged Slingblade 8 powdercoated black.
Undecided at this point if I should keep the chrome center caps or paint them black or
even body color.

Attachments

• pic13735.jpg
    pic13735.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 68

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Boy that still looks great Lennart! I love slingblades.

So you have lowering shackles in the rear... plan to do lowering leaf hangars? That way you can acheive a 6" rear drop and still dont need to do a C notch in the frame. You will need to modify/remove the rear bumpstops however.

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
So far I have planned to do shackles and hangers in the rear along with the removal of the overload spring. Maybe I will also remove the #2 leaf to get a better ride....will not load near payload ever.... besides my truck is kind of light to start with.
35mm wheel spacers are also ordered to get the rear wheels where they need to be.