How to Lower a Duramax 4X4?

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
Just wanted to see if some of yall had some idea's of how to accomplish this task? I wanted to bring it down 2-3" front and 3-4" back so it's safer at the track.

dieselson

Oct 14, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
I have seen, just as a mild lowering stance, lowered t-bars, and a different mounting bracket, or something for the leaf springs that made the rear lower.

Bentley

Doesn't know $hit...
Mar 7, 2008
Under a big a$$ rock...
Yes, I used the Bell Tech 6403's on mine as well. I put my stock shakles back in the rear when winter comes so I can mash around in the deep stuff but for summer there is no point to have it up that high. Also, my 20's would look silly with a leveled truck. I love the way it looks, rides and performs lowered. Gives it a little more of a street prowler look.

Bentley

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
LOL Mike.... Im just too hard on my things and me + offroad (mainly dunes) has ='d way too much $$$ spent on replacement parts at dealer, fixing things, etc.

My goals for this truck are non DD/race/fun truck so dirt or sand isnt part of that equation... keeps that under side looking clean too :D

I have other toys for offroad.... soon to include something duramax powered perhaps...

MAX707

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for everybody's input. I do go on dirt I live in the MTNS. I have a 6" lifted LLY with 550RwHp too. This is for my LBZ. Thanks for the pictures Kat those really help me see what I need to look like! :)

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Sex on wheels IMO

McGaughys35.jpg

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Danm yall are wanting to lower yalls trucks i wanna lift mine. I take it yall never go offroad?

I dont understand people who would do "recreational" offroading (I mean soemtimes my truck goes offroad for work stuff and to jobsites) in a 40,000$ 3/4 ton 23 foot long pickup truck.

REAL offroading is when you are crawling along over boulders at 1mph. Flying through a wide open field with mud pits at 50mph is not offroading. :rolleyes:

when I want to go offroading I just drive my beetle.

IMG_0009Large.jpg

Or another way to lower it is to put 4,000lbs of crushed stone in the bed. :eek:

DSC_0033Medium.jpg