Hoping this isn't a Transmission Issue

KRATOCT

Aug 22, 2011
I've heard of the infamous LML dead pedal situation and I haven't really experienced the symptoms that are most commonly explained with this...the lag when suddenly increasing throttle to pass a vehicle or merge onto freeway etc. I do have a FASS lift pump that from the sounds of it helps that issue so maybe that is something I never really had symptoms for.

On the other hand, I have been noticing a strong lag or lack of responsiveness in the pedal itself when accelerating from a dead stop or going from coasting to back into the throttle for acceleration. I have been watching the Accelerator Pedal Position value on my Edge CTS3 consistently when this happens and I consistently have absolutely nothing until 11-13% throttle via the pedal. What I mean by this is that even though the pedal is depressed this 11-13%, there is no revving of the engine and essentially zero response until I get around that 10% where it then engages. When it engages, it does so at that 10-13% throttle so it jerks when the rpms do rise as if I just dumped the clutch if it were a manual vehicle.

Hope that makes sense. I'm happy to answer questions to provide more clarity if it was not clear. Any insight to someone who has experienced this would be appreciated.