Holy crap guys

Preston

Making ends meet
Aug 2, 2020
Alabama
I’m new to the forum, to the duramax and to diesel trucks. I was hoping to blend in and keep a low profile. I was hoping we could be friends but I don’t speak your language. Lbz, lmm, what, Would somebody please tell me where the acronym page is. So I can ask about A towing programmer for my 2015 2500hd 4x4 w/duramax and Allison truck. Y’all are awesome but I got trapped on the goddess person. 8’s in a 1/4 unreal that’s awesome. I’m pulling 6.2’s in a 80 Camaro Carburated. I love a since of humor of all kinds. I’ve been a gasser since the 80’s. Racing is in my blood so is hunting, women, IRC’s, v8’s and I can fix them all ugh maybe not women. I’m 53, hellian still, front wheels high. With enough since not to crash and burn or blow it up. But, I’m lost with the diesel. I’m type 2 w/ heart condition, the virus has me spooked. So I bought the truck 150k mi. Imaculate condition, I bought a 12000lbs fifth wheel toy hauler to do some grizzly Adams shit. I picked up a Anderson hitch and air lift 5000 ultimate. I said all this to ask where to look for tuning additions because stock tow/haul feels it could be improved. What thread should I go to. Deletes and egr’s (let’s just call it dead weight) won’t be mentioned again. Glad to meet you all and I’ll learn your language in order to contribute. I’m versed in hydraulics, electricity up to 44kv And all things gas. I’d love to your student. My budget is $2500 to tune the truck to haul the camper. Thanks Preston.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
At 150k miles... cross your fingers the fuel system has already gone to sh1t on someone else's dime. Not shure what the tell tale signs are for those pieces already being replaced. First thing you should do ... get an extended warranty. The high pressure fuel pump on that specific model was prone to fail and usually wipes out about 7-10k worth of parts and labor. The lift pump was a bandaid to help those pumps live a little longer. Welcome to the insanity of late model diesel ownership.

Preston

Making ends meet
Aug 2, 2020
Alabama
I successfully got the air lift installed, it works like a champ. 2015 didn’t give me an easy way through the fire wall. Had to go old school with that. Kennedy hooked me up with lift pump and filters out the a-s. I may lift the bed to play with that. After I put in 30+ hours of OT to cover that pretty penny, I’ll check out mike L on trans kit to see if it’s needed for longevity. Then, all I need is two tires and go for the tune. Once complete, Tennessee mountains hear I come. Grizzly Adams won’t have jack on me.

Reactions: Dozerboy

Preston

Making ends meet
Aug 2, 2020
Alabama
I’m already like what Hank Jr. sang about: “ I live out in the woods you see, my lady my truck my dogs and meeeee. —- when the truck is finished I’m gone start singing the 2nd verse. Y’all want to hear it! I changed it some:” I gatta shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel chevyyy, and a country boy will survive! Hey, that deserves a musical talent award. Huh!