LLY: Hitch options

eutsey04

Gearhead
Mar 22, 2013
Scottdale pa
What is everyone using for upgrading ur hitch. I bent mine down last year and need to either buy a new one or have one built.. Opinions? I seen some guys use big Chevy ones but wasn't sure if there's any better options... Thanks guys

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
I'm running a class V reese tow beast, stout hitch. I was sitting on the frame the other day in a "puddle". Took another brand cclb on 38s to rescue me and he bent the shit out of his hitch. Mine doesn't even have a scratch.

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Before I put a drawbar hitch in pulling truck I had a reese class V tow beast with another piece of metal tubing welded to the hitch. Never bent it unlike the stock hitch

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
My big chevy hitch bent when it was a stock turbo truck. But since then I believe he has added a gusset. I'd still buy one again, they are nicely built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
I just put one on my truck built by Jonathon Martin-Pulling Products. He's from PA also, I haven't hooked anything on it yet but I'm excited to see how it does this summer. He doesn't have the receivers on his website, so you'll have to give him a call.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
If it's for pulling only eutsey, you'd be far better off to fab one up yourself that distributes the weight closer to rear axle and tucks way up under. It would be easy to do and still meet local street class rules.

eutsey04

Gearhead
Mar 22, 2013
Scottdale pa
Thanks guys n Isaac I'm trying to use it for pullin this summer n I also pull a trailer to so kinda lookin for best of both world

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
If it's for pulling only eutsey, you'd be far better off to fab one up yourself that distributes the weight closer to rear axle and tucks way up under. It would be easy to do and still meet local street class rules.

That's what I did with mine. Just 4x4 square crossmember between the frame rails behind the roll pan.

It's held on by 10 1/2" bolts. I don't think it could be bent. Works great for pulling.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I'd get the spare tire tub out of there and use the space to put a hitch that utilizes two 4x4 cross members with a receiver tube running thru both. Then the rear shock could be bolted to the front cross member with a small fabbed bracket. This would be the best of both worlds and probably weigh less too.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
What is the weakest part of a factory GM hitch on a 2500HD and why do they only rate it @ 7,500 lbs. trailer weight with no weight distribution hitch?