High Performance Engines

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Hello SoCal Crew, I wanted to give your team an update of this past weekend and the 2012 race season in general.
We were the #1 qualifier in Super Street class in the NHRDA Lucas Oil Indy Nationals and went on to win that event.
We broke the National record for ET by running 9.81 at 143mph and backed up that record run with a 9.69 at 146mph.
We also own the National Record for MPH at 148 in this class.

We are well in the lead in the National Points series for Super Street as well as being in the top 5 in Pro Street.

I could not have done it without the great SoCal built engine that ceases to amaze me with the HP on tap when needed.
The customer support has been second to none.
I look forward to turning up the power during the world finals and see what the package is capable of. I highly recommend SoCal Diesel for their high performance engines.

Thank you,

Rob Coddens
Max’D Out Racing
2011 NHRDA World Champion
2012 National Record Holder for ET and MPH

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
And thank YOU rob, for doing you. Doing what you do, having fun, staying out of the drama, is what keeps us moving forward. Thank you.

-Steven

Sent from my iPhone.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Great job this year Rob. Congratulations are in store! Not to answer for Rob but from what I've heard he still runs them. I would just love it to see him win a Pro-Street championship in a heavier truck. That would show some of those Dodge guys that the Dmax is not a "little brother" anymore. Rob and crew has to be the most consistent and reliable race team out there period.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Thanks everyone for the support!! Alot of hard work goes into this!

And just to add we do NOT run Dts heads.

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Great job this year Rob. Congratulations are in store! Not to answer for Rob but from what I've heard he still runs them. I would just love it to see him win a Pro-Street championship in a heavier truck. That would show some of those Dodge guys that the Dmax is not a "little brother" anymore. Rob and crew has to be the most consistent and reliable race team out there period.

Dont wanna start a war , but 99.9% sure those were pulled from his motor long ago.;)

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
We had another great year with the SoCal Engines in both of our race entry's. Max'd Out won some events with a new driver and lost some. We had some issues mechanically but the engine was not part of those. Still running perfectly at the end of the season.

We ran the reverse firing order cam also this year and have had no crank issues like I have seen in the past.

The El Camino is coming along and looking forward to next year. I have learned some things about setting the car up and most likely will never run in the 7's as it is much heavier than the competition but will continue to have fun with it. I ran some NHRA events with it and will do more of that next season. It sure is nice having a package where it will go round after round, race after race and not have to think about the engine side of things.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
We had another great year with the SoCal Engines in both of our race entry's. Max'd Out won some events with a new driver and lost some. We had some issues mechanically but the engine was not part of those. Still running perfectly at the end of the season.

We ran the reverse firing order cam also this year and have had no crank issues like I have seen in the past.

The El Camino is coming along and looking forward to next year. I have learned some things about setting the car up and most likely will never run in the 7's as it is much heavier than the competition but will continue to have fun with it. I ran some NHRA events with it and will do more of that next season. It sure is nice having a package where it will go round after round, race after race and not have to think about the engine side of things.

Revised f o cam

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
It was fun watching you and your wife run the trucks Rob. You guys are very professional.
I was very impressed when I asked for help with a crank sensor for Jeff's ( Stinpuller ) dragster. Your words were " Hell Ya " and took the sensor off of Maxed-Out and handed it to me.:thumb::hug::D You and your team exemplify what real racers are all about. :woott: