Hey Brayden

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
part of the reason it cleaned up so quick is I forgot to turn the lift pump on :eek:

I think its time for me to add a lift pump . Even with the 2 cp3 , I think I will give in now and add a lift pump . :mad: I hate electric pumps ..... never trusted them and have had many failures in the past on gas motors .

Its time though I think .

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I think its time for me to add a lift pump . Even with the 2 cp3 , I think I will give in now and add a lift pump . :mad: I hate electric pumps ..... never trusted them and have had many failures in the past on gas motors .

Go with the FASS and a Hellmann Sump :D

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT

If you hate electric pumps then go with a Mitusa.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Johny get a lift pump , i ran my truck for a week with dual cp3's and no lift pump , def noticed more fuel once i added the lift pump , but depends on the size of tunes your running too though .

X3 on the MITUSA

Last edited:

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
If you hate electric pumps then go with a Mitusa.

Ive been considering them all lately Robi .

Trent you know I run big tunes , so I am sure I would benefit from a lift pump and the extra length of time I demand fuel over you guys being heavier and long full throttle passes in seconds of demand. Especially at glamis going up Oldsmobile . Just was never to worried about it in the past and my racing just for fun .

No where to put mitsua with my 2nd cp3 there I thought . Or is there a place ... not looked into the mitsua much ?? Thought it went where the 2nd CP3 pump went on the trucks I have seen it on in the past . Not sure i have room under hood there either . That is even bigger hassle to me really adding more to the belt system . I just need to break down and go with a lift pump I guess . I will make a bypass so if it takes a crap I can just open a ball valve and let it bypass the pump and pull the fuse till fixed if ever needed . Figured I would wait in hopes the pumps just get better and better . Just did a install on a friends Ford with the Fass and really liked the pump . Pretty nice set up the fass and looked very high quality . Ive been checking everybodys pumps out lately .

Helped semperfi with his Airdog too ... well fixed all his leaks LOL . What a mess diesel can be and turn the undercoating on trucks to tar like goo . Its nice also but liked the fass a bit better . Airdog did come with a nice harness but so did the fass . For the kodiak none of that harness will plug right in though and would have to be altered on any . Plus its 6 ft farther back the tank than 2500's . LOL . Im looking into it now and I guess will give in to my dislike of electric pumps .

Something i have always recomended to guys installing lift pump is a bypass so if you ever lose a pump you can pull over and open ball valve in place to a bypass line teed in on each side of pump already installed . Then just pull fuse to it and roll again to get home and while it is out for replacement or repair . Many friends have called me on the side of the road towing and dead pump and I say I told you to install a bypass and this is why . A good little feature to install a bypass and very easy to do when installing elec pump .

Expensive little set up the fass , but seems worth it it when you see the quality of it . Heavy sucker too .

What are the best lift pumps out there right now ??

Anything new hit the market lately ??

Last edited:

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
No where to put mitsua with my 2nd cp3 there I thought . Or is there a place ... not looked into the mitsua much ?? Thought it went where the 2nd CP3 pump went on the trucks I have seen it on in the past . Not sure i have room under hood there either . That is even bigger hassle to me really adding more to the belt system .

Maxx'd Out twin CP3 will not stop you from adding a mitsua it has been done.

Talk to Subman about the set up on Max'd Out hell they will be running 3 CP3's and a mitsua. So I am sure he could point you to what you need.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Nice pull Johnny congrats. Bummer I couldn't make it up. If you want I found a thing to pull YouTube videos to your computer.