Help With LMM Injectors

Dale08

Jul 29, 2016
AR
I'm getting a clicking noise that I am assuming is an injector as the truck seems low on power and changing oil weight hasnt helped. Ive tried googling to see what the ohm resistance should be on the injector coils and cant seem to find it for this style of injector. Ive found the older in valve cover style is .2-.5. Would that still be correct?

My testing so far per cyl is...
1. 10.0
2. 2.2
3. 1.4
4. 1.6
5. not tested
6. 1.7
7. 1.7
8. 34.9

So I suspected I had at least 3 bad and found 3 used ones online from a salvage yard, they came in and are all 30-40ohms. So now I'm confused. Which ones are bad, or all bad? If all bad, I would like to do a quick fix on a few with what I have, till I can get the funds for a full set. Then if full set, I have questions on going oversized.

Engine info, 08 LMM, 268k with intake, ups, down, and banks 6 gun.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Ooo lord. First off, if you have a click by what you think of being a injector, start by disabling the injector until you get the click to go away. After that a simple balance rate, and return rate would be better to diagnose if it is a failing injector. Only thing your trying to test is the solenoid

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Codes first. any bad coils will come with codes. don't start pulling out injectors or disassembling them until you get the codes.

what made you think changing oil weight would fix injector noise?

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Yes i think your barking up the wrong tree. Like said above first start disabling injectors one by one and see if any make the tick go away. Balance rates can be an indicator but not solid evidence. You could also have a valve train noise.