help wanted in the Orlando, FL area

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
VG, IL (because my wife does)
I'm looking for a member in the Orlando area with a v2 or equivalent scanner to check balance rates on a truck I'm trying to purchase. Truck is a lb7 with 112,000 miles so I'm thinking if they are originals they are due. My father in law is going to check it out for me but he's not able to check the injectors. I don't want to pay top dollar for a truck I will have to sink another $2000 into so any help would be appreciated and I would be willing to compensate you for your time and troubles.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
If you were up north a little in the Ocala area I could help you out. But if nobody with a v2 or tech2 chimes in near you I would probably try a dealer or shop with a tech2 or equivalent scanner that shows balance rates and can command rail pressure. I was told a couple years ago it's only a half hour labor at the dealer to do this but don't know for sure. If you go in and ask for a print out of balance rates for all 8 both in park and idling in drive and the desired vs actual rail pressure (use the scanner to command max rail while idling to see if the actual rail stays right with desired) if desired is a few thousand psi less than actual chances are injectors are returning too much and it's only a matter of time for them. Hopefully there's a decent dealer or shop nearby that'll do that for you and not look at you like you're a talking unicorn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jbenso127

Sep 11, 2013
I'm in cocoa bud, I have a edge CTS that you can check balance rates and desired vs. actual FRP. Shoot me a text 3215076510