Help no start

dzimbric

Oct 21, 2015
Shallotte, NC
I replaced my fuel filter and noticed it leaking when I went to prime between the filter and the part it screws on to. I took itt off and found I had failed to remove the o ring stuck on the bottom of the housing.
I screwed it back on with one o ring and the filter half full of fuel. Now I cannot get it prime or start. I hope I didn’t introduce air into the injectors by cranking the engine without the fuel filter being purged of air . Any suggestions are appreciated as I need to return to work out of state.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If you open the bleeder screw and pump the primer, can you get it to pump fuel out? You may need to pump a long time if the filter is only half full of fuel. Once you have fuel and minimal/no air coming out, shut the bleeder.

Now pump until the primer gets hard, then crank it for 15 seconds. Repeat this pump/crank process until the engine starts. It might take 4 or 5 cycles to start if you got air to the CP3. Let the starter cool down between cycles if needed, and put it on a charger if you can.

Once it starts, let it idle 5 minutes to push the remaining air through the system.

dzimbric

Oct 21, 2015
Shallotte, NC
I could not get it to pump any fuel, even after 300 pumps there was nothing in the filter so I replaced the head. I could feel the difference after a couple of strokes on the new pump. I’ll rebuild the old one and keep it on the shelf for a spare and yes it did start.
thanks for your help.