Hellp 1st and 2nd noise

Meece5969

Jul 4, 2021
Hey guys i have a 05 duramax after the truck warms up it clings when you shift from park to reverse, reverse to drive. Also it makes a noise almost like a baseball card in a bike tire in first and 2nd only especially when downshifting 3rd on makes no noise. I parked it one day got back in it and it just started i changed the transfer case so thats not it any help would be much appreciated thanks

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
sorry I can't hear anything from here. you are going to have to use your own ears to find whats making the noise.

I'd start by checking the U joints and splines of the drive shaft

Reactions: TheBac

Meece5969

Jul 4, 2021
Can get under while its driving to hear the noise doesnt Do it at idle just wondering if anyone else has had this problem

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It probably has something to do with the Tcase replacement you just did. As 2004 said, we arent there to hear it, so its all guesswork.
Go back over everything, make sure all electrical is reconnected and mechanicals were installed correctly. Heck, did you forget to refill the Tcase?

Meece5969

Jul 4, 2021
It probably has something to do with the Tcase replacement you just did. As 2004 said, we arent there to hear it, so its all guesswork.
Go back over everything, make sure all electrical is reconnected and mechanicals were installed correctly. Heck, did you forget to refill the Tcase?
Yes I put oil in it and it was doing it before i replaced the t case.the reason why i changed it