Has anyone run LMM Injectors in an LLY?

turbovan

Too many toys!!!
Mar 4, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
Long story short, putting an LLY engine in my 02, have the custom harness etc, thanks Rick.
I was going to make an LLY/LB7 hybrid but came across a smoking deal on an "LLY" van engine, the diesel shop said it was low KM's, and it is, its literally brand new, so what the heck. Swap all the LLY truck items over but realized the GP controller wont' work last minute-connector is bigger? Google the number and crap, LMM. Google injector number and LMM.
So, I've seen the thread where a member ran LLY injectors on a LB7 ficm, so that means 96 volts being pushed thru 48v sticks. He has 100K and no issues.
LMM injectors are 24 volts, LLY are 48 volts. Based on the LB7 thing, I think it would work. Anyone done it? Feed back? What do I have to lose, lol. TIA.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
LBZ/LMM injectors physically cannot be installed in LLY heads. The LLY injector body is straight whereas the LBZ/LMM body is slightly tapered where the top is larger than the bottom causing the injector to not properly seat in the bore/seal against the crush washer.

Reactions: MarkBroviak