1-2 slams up and downshift sometimes its th 4-5 shift
sometime its 3-4 sometimes they are all smoothe
but randomly its slams up and down in random gears
mostly 1-2 or 2-3 shift
shift it manually and its not as bad but still does it
feels like it catches a neutral for a half second and then slams in gear

all shift valves moved freely before install

all vb bolts were torqued to 12nm with a recently serviced torque wrench

i did like a dummy only have some thick grease when doing the 2 trim springs to hold the spring and ball in when installing it but didnt use that much and it was just a littl eon the side of it to hold it there didnt glob a bunch in there . but it was all i had laying around to use

i have put abou 50 miles on it but not driven it to far as i dont want to break something when it slams in gear

should i pull it apart and bore hone the shift vavle holes to maksure no burrs? or drive it more to relearn ??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Pull the valve body and check what you did. Make sure there is a spring on the A gain valve and not the B gain valve.

dabeetereater

Jul 26, 2021
i did everything looks good no shift valves are stuck all seem to be working freely, reinstaled it all now just the 1-2 shift is bad very bad, rest of the shifts are good after driving it some but can not part throttle shift it without letting out of it it revs up 1000 rpm then slams 2nd
wot shift decent 1-2
manually shift it wot is excellent
still crap shift 1-2 manually part throttle

it feels like a shift vavle hanging up i have been trying to find a fluid flow diagram for a allison to try to trace it down

dabeetereater

Jul 26, 2021
so took it all back apart cleaned it one more time made sure it was ok , intalled it it sill did it, finally put the hot tune in it and went to beating on it and its fine now shifts like new and much crispier haha